Leidos is looking for a Systems Architect for a position in the Herndon, VA area. The Systems Architect will provide systems engineering and systems architecture support, including analyzing systems, the As-Is architecture and information requirements. The Systems Architect will also evaluate ways to streamline processes, support new requirements into architecture artifacts and lead technical studies. This position requires a TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered.
The Systems Architect will be responsible for developing and delivering a new, As-Is architecture that displays the current and future architecture with new features incorporated into the upcoming releases. The Systems Architect will also be responsible for developing and delivering the To-Be architecture for the desktop and web applications. The architecture approach shall consider leveraging recognized industry standards.
The Systems Architect will document and deliver recommendations to:
• Identify higher levels of efficiency and effectiveness
• Identify higher levels of performance
• Provide process diagrams and descriptions of the program's tools
• Address architecture standards from applications
• Identify the various levels of capabilities
- Requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience. - Experience in systems engineering
- Experience as a systems architect
- Experience in program engineering management
- Experience with leading and conducting technical trade studies with teams
- Experience with creating and implementing systems designs and artifacts
- Experience applying system engineering techniques and best practices in architecture development efforts with elevated levels of technical risk
- Knowledge with developing and conducting training for tools
- Knowledge in developing architecture products - Knowledge with managing system artifacts and requirements
- Knowledge with architecture updates, configuration, and change management
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills for solving policy and technical problems through the use of visual representations
- Excellent communication skills to convey technical concepts
- Excellent analytic and critical thinking skills for solving policy and technical problems
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision