Leidos has a career opening for a System Engineer. This position will primarily be a telecommuting position, but candidates will need to be able to commute to Fort Meade, MD.
This System Engineer will perform Information Technology system integration, performance analysis, requirements engineering/management, testing and evaluation, and other necessary disciplines for successful system development, design, and implementation for the DISA Storefront project.
The successful candidate will perform engineering analysis of the unclassified version of DISA Storefront to identify streamlining opportunities, efficiencies, and overall areas for improvement as we stand up a classified version of the system.
• Assist in the requirements gathering and design of the new system under direction of the Lead Systems Engineer.
• Perform analysis, design, deployment and lifecycle support for innovative applications components.
• Ensure all aspects of a project/system are properly evaluated and integrated with the end capability.
• Create original concepts/theories - requires analytical and conceptual skills.
• Convert customer or product requirements into total system solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Analyze and study complex system requirements such as:
o Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, cost estimation, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
o Apply the Concept of Operations set of disciplines for the planning, analysis, design and construction of information systems across a major sector of an organization.
o Demonstrate knowledge of the practical application of engineering, science, and technology.
o Experience with activity and data modeling, transaction flow analysis, internal control and risk analysis, and modern business methods and performance measurement techniques.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical disciple, and 8 years relevant experience. Work experience can be used in lieu of degree.
• Prior experience with analysis, design, deployment and lifecycle support for applications.
• Technology design skills (adapt equipment and technology to serve user needs.)
• Currently possess an active DoD Secret security clearance.
• Experience with Agile-based software development techniques and methodologies.
• Ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals.
• Ability to work in dynamic and challenging environments.
• Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Complex problem solving skills.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel