Leidos Mission Solutions Group is seeking an expert Front End Software Developer to develop the user interface for applications that support corporate services, legacy mission services, and cloud-based analytic services. Responsible for employing agile development processes and operating in a cloud environment.
• Use established agile processes and tools to capture themes, epics/capabilities, user stories, features, and tasks.
• Perform requirements analysis and proof of concept or prototyping as needed for engineering and design of IT applications destined for the cloud.
• Support applications in O&M status by providing enhancements and bug fixes as needed.
• BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical disciple and 12 years relevant experience or experience may be substituted for degree.
• Ability to develop, test, implement and maintain front end applications
• Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS); ability to design, develop, and maintain applications within the cloud environment
• Understands concepts such as callbacks, AJAX, asynchronous programming, and promises
• Be familiar with a code framework such as React (ideal) or Angular
• Have a working knowledge of layout frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation
• Have a solid command of HTML5, CSS3, and JSON
• Development will involve negotiating interfaces with the back-end developers, performing REST calls and rendering data structures.
• Good communication skills are a must; additionally it is expected that documentation will be done in Confluence (with other developers as the target audience).
• Knowledge of lifecycle process for software development, web applications, and system implementation
• Agile development using SAFe framework
• Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills Desired Skills
• Ability to work in dynamic and challenging environments
• JSX is a plus
Clearance: Active TS/SCI with Poly
Location: Reston, VA
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel