Leidos Mission Solutions Group is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to develop applications that support corporate services, legacy mission services, and cloud-based analytic services. Responsible for employing agile development processes for building new and migrating legacy applications to a cloud environment.
• Use established agile processes and tools to capture themes, epics/capabilities, user stories, features, and tasks.
• Perform technology trade studies, requirements analysis, and proof of concept or prototyping as needed for engineering and design of IT applications destined for the cloud.
• Support applications in O&M status by providing enhancements and bug fixes as needed.
• Develop, test, implement and maintain complex applications and databases, including web applications and user interfaces.
• Develop technical program documentation such as end-user operational instructions.
• Consult with users to develop formal user requirements and translate those into application/database design, write interfaces to external applications or databases, conduct unit/functional testing, and transition the applications/databases to production.
• BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical disciple, plus 13 years relevant experience or experience in lieu of degree
• RESTful APIs using JSON or XML messaging such as Grape, Rails, or Sinatra (Ruby)
• NoSQL solutions (e.g. Elasticsearch, AWS Elastic Container Service, Spark) within a cloud environment
• Queuing technologies such as Kafka, SQS, Kinesis, JMS, or equivalent
• Virtual containerized portable environment technologies such as Docker, VMware, or Vagrant
• PKI and PKI/RSA tools including OpenSSL.
• Secure communication authorization/authentication and single sign-on including one of the following: SAML, OAuth, multi-factor.
• Geospatial OGC, KML, Google Earth overlays, and layering.
• Analysis and computational skills; ability to create original concepts/theories
• Ability to develop, test, implement and maintain complex applications and databases
• Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS); ability to design, develop, and maintain applications within the cloud environment
• Familiarity with Big Data processing concepts.
• Experience in developing with Ruby on Rails, Java, Python, GO, NodeJS or an equivalent OOP language in a production environment
• Experience developing HTML and web applications using MVC
• Experience debugging code and root cause analysis techniques.
• Experience working in a Linux environment such as Red Hat, CentOS or Ubuntu.
• Ability to work as part of a small team and communicate technical details a manner that non-technical customer staff will understand concepts and objectives Desired Skills
• Ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals
• Ability to work in dynamic and challenging environments
• Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Complex problem solving skills
• Knowledge of lifecycle process for software development, web applications, and system implementation; Agile development using SAFe framework
• Ability to explain protocols, technical procedures and processes clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences
Clearance: Active TS/SCI with Poly
Location: Reston, VA