Leidos Government Health & Safety Solution Group in Windsor Mill, MD in support of the End User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our customer CMS where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We fosters a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
The ideal candidate for the Junior Test Engineering role will have experience in analyzing system requirements or feature/user story acceptance criteria, as well as concept of operations documents, acquisition plans, and system descriptions to develop evaluation and test plans and procedures, prepare for and conduct the data collection and analysis, and report status and results. Provides specialized Test and Evaluation capabilities tailored to system functions, level, maturity, and performance areas. Develops, manages and executes automated test scripts in an agile environment.
Under the direction of the Product Manager, and Test Engineering Lead, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
• Implement Test Driven Development (TDD) practices within the program's agile framework to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks.
• Interface with software engineers, system engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members using the Agile Scrum methodology.
• Perform regression testing, covering full suite of Operational Test Scenarios for builds and/or images to be delivered to the customer.
• Take active role in executing Test Plans by writing test objects and detailed test plan descriptions.
• Plan and perform test assignments involving definition of test and verification requirements, feature and user story acceptance criteria, plans and sequences relative to complex software and hardware subsystems and resolve identified conflicting issues.
• Support a test program by following established test methods and techniques, implementing test plans, communicating any missing or requesting additional clarification to implement the test plans, following test procedures, conducting tests and documenting test findings in the clear and concise manner.
• Participate in test readiness reviews, participate in design reviews, and conduct audits of test programs and facilities.
• Utilize knowledge of precedents in test engineering and apply understanding of principles of related engineering and software technology to ensure test validity and integrity.
• Perform execution of automated test scripts, and clearly articulate testing results.
• Conduct tests, which include collaborating with others in establishing language, database, and computer simulation requirements and configuration management techniques.
• As a member of a Testing team actively provide input in development and maintenance of the testing documentation including testing plans templates, procedures, reports, etc.
• Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what can be done.
• Perform real-time system monitoring, verifying the integrity of all hardware, applications, systems and key processes.
• Provide on-call support for any test related activities.
• Collaborating within Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for manual and automated testing.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
• Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science with 3+ years of progressive experience in a test engineering role within information technology or Master's Degree in relevant field with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Experience with end-to-end system verification and validation (V&V).
• Experience with requirements development, management and architectures.
• Experience in conducting security testing.
• Experience in developing operational procedures.
• Experience with systems engineering and configuration management processes.
• Experience with performing verification and functional performance testing, preferably in an agile-focused DevOps environment using manual and automated test methods and tools (e.g., Selenium).
• Experience or familiarity with Agile development and testing methodology.
• Knowledge of systems including Windows, and Linux systems and virtual environment (Citrix, VMware, AWS, OpenStack).
• Experience and solid knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PowerShell, VBScript.
• Solid knowledge of PowerShell is a must.
• Ability to work at a high technical level on all phases of systems engineering