Leidos Government Health & Safety Solution Group in Windsor Mill, MD in support of the End User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our customer CMS where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We fosters a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
The ideal candidate for the Section 508 Test Engineering role will use appropriate test tools and methodologies to execute functional, integration, and data verification tests. The ideal candidate will perform testing and evaluation of software to ensure its compliance with the rules and regulations set under section 508. The role requires strong knowledge of software verification and validation best practices and 508 testing methods to ensure deployment of high quality and compliant software while utilizing an agile development process.
Under the direction of the Product Manager, and Test Engineering Lead, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
• Provides policy and process support to the entire project team to develop, maintain, and improve compliance with the federal government's Section 508 program.
• Be the go-to resource for compliance with Section 508 Laws and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and ensure compliance, ease, efficiency, and effectiveness to use for specific audiences.
• Assess, analyze, and identify areas of concern for Section 508 non-compliance of products.
• Identifies, records, communicates and helps manage specific 508 defects to resolution.
• Develop compliance checklists, plans, and remediation actions as well as provide advice on mitigating or resolving issues.
• Develop and deliver training programs through briefings and reference guides to train internal teams in Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 compliance implementation in support of client deliverables.
• Attend scrum, Kanban and other agile ceremonies such as daily standups, retrospectives, backlog grooming, and others to discuss preparation, determination and findings relative to Section 508 compliance.
• Will support the preparation of test strategy, test data, test scripts and other release-related artifacts.
• Will execute and verify positive and negative test cases and document test result.
• Display an astute understanding of the process and documentation, test approach and management plan requirements regulated by the customer.
• Display technical competence and strong organizational skills while multitasking.
• Interface with software engineers, system engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members using the Agile Scrum methodology.
• Use of automated/manual testing tools, including but not limited to: JAWS, NVDA, Window Eyes, Voiceover, MAJIC, Dragon, the Accessibility Management Platform (AMP), CommonLook & Microsoft Office.
• Take active role in defining and executing Test Plans by writing test objects and detailed test plan descriptions.
• Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what can be done.
• Bachelor's Degree in Science and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
• Experience supporting a broad range of technologies and application platforms such as Web-based applications and services, mobile technologies, client-server environments, distributed environments, and Cloud services.
• Create and execute 508 test scenarios and test procedures of new and existing applications.
• Extensive knowledge and experience WCAG, Section 508, and ADA standards.
• Extensive knowledge and experience working with applications such as JAWS, NVDA, Window Eyes, Voiceover, MAJIC, Dragon, the Accessibility Management Platform (AMP), CommonLook and Microsoft Office.
• Must have hands-on experience performing both functional and non-functional testing.
• Ability to recommend and develop new, innovative, and efficient process improvements to current testing processes and methodologies.
• Experience analyzing business requirements and user stories for correctness and testability.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Testing and Quality Assurance