The NISC III Power Services Group at Leidos needs an Electrical / Power Engineer (with a BS or higher in Electrical Engineering) to support the FAA's Power Services DC BUS program.
In this role, you will oversee a portfolio of DC BUS projects.
The oversight of this portfolio will include, but not be limited to:
- Reviewing Corporate Work Plan Origination entries to ensure that they will address the actual need of the external customer.
- Review project design drawings packages, ensuring equipment implementation falls within the scope of the project.
- Coordinate the execution of assigned Battery implementation contracts and work associated with those contracts.
- Create project budgets (5 year forecast) that will be used in the creation of a master budget.
- Assist in the development of assigned spend plans based on an evaluation of the FAA s methodology and approved funding.
- Use the FAA's DC BUS Life Cycle Replacement guidelines, identify DC BUS replacement needs, and create requirements in the Corporate Work Plan origination tool.
- Update scheduling tools, Excel Project Schedule and Primavera database, with project status, timelines and details.
- Generate and track funding requests for the purchase and installation of equipment at FAA sites.
- Maintain all documentation for Audit purposes.
- Review budgets and spend plans
- Help communicate status of projects to all levels of customers.
- Perform technical and quality reviews
- Work with government protocols and requirements
- Maintain documentation in multiple sources
Typical education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree with 4 to 8 years of professional experience or 2 to 6 years of professional experience along with a related Masters degree or equivalent experience/education.
- BS degree (or higher) in Electrical Engineering.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and proven project management experience.
- A basic knowledge of DC BUS Technology backup power systems and associated ancillary equipment.
- 6 or more years of professional experience with a Bachelors or 4 or more years of professional experience with a Master's degree highly desired.
- FAA knowledge and experience.
- Experience working on master schedules
- Experience with reviewing budgets and spend plans
- Experience performing technical and quality reviews.
- Experience working with government protocols and requirements