The NISC III program within the Leidos Civil group is seeking a Technical Writer to collaborate with various IT Team members and related projects and programs for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
In this role, you will create technical documents and procedures, explain complex information in a clear and concise manner and work with IT staff to ensure the accuracy of the process.
Specific duties for the position include:
- Work with IT Infrastructure and deployment teams to fully understand processes and controls
- Experience with developing and updating Software Development Life Cycle standards documentation and processes
- Partner with subject matter experts to create new documentation and document the IT infrastructure processes and controls
- Effectively organize complex information into clear, comprehensible written descriptions and instructions
- Format technical communications to maximize clarity and comprehension
Typical education and experience:
- Typically requires a BA degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Technical Writing experience, preferably within Financial Services and Information Technology
- Excellent writing skills
- Must be proficient in in reviewing and editing technical documents
- Good time management skills
- Strong proficiency in the English language
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient documentation skills such that procedures and controls are clear and easily understood.
- Proven ability to manage issues through to resolution; skilled at making judgment calls.
- Ability to successfully multitask and complete difficult assignments within deadlines which may have short lead times.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills - Team player
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Knowledge of Information Security and financials
- Experience with FAA SDLC documentation
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Writing and Editing