No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear.
Leidos is seeking a Senior Data Storage Engineer located in Fairfax, VA. This opening for a senior level Data Storage Engineer with a minimum of 10 years' experience designing and operating Storage Area Network (SAN), and Network Attached Storage (NAS) to support operating and maintaining both domestic and oversea posts. This position is responsible for defining and supporting the enterprise storage service architecture and lead the transformation of storage services to ensure service is aligned with the key principles of service ownership which includes: meeting the needs of the business, cost effectiveness, scalability, compliance, reliability, and resilience
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Provide senior level engineering design support to provide enterprise- level data exchange solutions using physical and virtual server hosting, off-site data replication and service level storage solutions.
- Evaluates, designs, documents, installs, implements, tests, and performs problem isolation and resolution; and monitors, tunes, sets standards and maintains a range of compute, networking, and storage systems.
- Performs these functions across physical media, Operating Systems, File Systems, protocol stacks & network components.
- Uses monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to troubleshoot and isolate problems; gauge performance and activity.
- Devises solutions to operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment.
- Develop and execute contingency plans for compute host system, storage, and network related software/hardware failures including isolated and major outages.
- Update system and process documentation as needed.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with VMware, HyperV, and/or Red Hat Virtualization (Design, Build, Operate)
- Knowledge with Large Scale Storage Area Network Systems (Design, Build, Operate) for Dell/EMC Unity and Isilon; and as a secondary skill: NetApp, HP EVA, VNX, Violin
- Extensive prior experience migrating/consolidating SAN/NAS
- Boot from SAN experience
- Brocade Network Advisor experience
- Must currently possess a Secret with ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance in the future.
- Cisco and Brocade Fibre Channel switches
- Desirable skill includes experience with C7000 blade servers and chassis, Dell R730 servers, and Dell M1000 servers
Education & Experience:
- Typically requires BS degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience and/or certification will be considered in lieu of degree.