Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group is seeking a Network and IT Systems Engineer to support our DISA customer on their Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS) team at Ft. Meade. As a member of the Align Capabilities team, the candidate will be working closely with JRSS PMO Engineering to assist in making decisions concerning the Architectural Design fit and Function of the JRSS Enterprise architecture.
- Assist with the alignment of requirements and capabilities with JRSS solutions/products and provide end to end traceability to demonstrate efficiency, cost savings and fit-for-purpose for multiple stake holders.
- Target near term efficiency gain Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) with threshold solutions that meet baselined requirements for existing stakeholders in both security features and Operation & Maintenance (O&M) capabilities.
- Assist with the development of requirements and capabilities roadmap, cost effective solutions TCO, and implementation plan to accommodate onboarding of new stakeholders (i.e. U.S. Navy).
- Provide assistance with reassessment and validation of existing JRSS capabilities while considering the evolution of JRSS in 3 to 5 years periods.
- Evaluate JRSS as a provider of security capabilities for other service beyond content filtering to inspect and monitor real-time and non-real-time services such as messaging, voice etc.
- Candidate may also perform various other miscellaneous engineering/analysis tasks for the PMO Engineering team as needed.
- Requires a BS degree and 12 + years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 + years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Experience in requirements development and analysis
- Understanding of Cyber technology, architectures, and tools (e.g., Firewalls, IPS, IDS, SIEM, DLP)
- Experience in Network architectures and design
- Successful verification and cross-over of your Secret security clearance prior to your start date with Leidos.
- Must possess DOD 8570, IAT Level II (Sec+ or equivalent) certification prior to start date.
- Familiarity with Cloud Computing, and Virtualization
- Understanding of network management technologies, architectures, and tools
- Knowledgeable of cyber defense-in-depth principles
- Experience with trade studies and alternative analysis
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel