Work as a Software Engineer in a collaborative team-focused environment customizing and configuring a PeopleSoft implementation. The selected candidate will confer with users to develop workflows and create reports. The selected candidate will provide systems administration support to ensure PeopleSoft operates optimally and meets security and O&M standards.
Other responsibilities include:
• Secures PeopleSoft system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
• Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
• Upgrades system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
• Serve as a key member on assigned project teams to providing input/support to the project manager and team.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Manages PeopleSoft enterprise database security processes and procedures; develops, recommends and implements security permissions, privileges, standards and guidelines.
• Installs, configures and integrates PeopleSoft application software over data management systems and supporting components and services; installs, upgrades and implements application fixes and patches; administers enterprise application software to ensure security and performance optimization. • Ensures PeopleSoft system performance is not impacted by ongoing project activities. The candidate will perform system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, and networks and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing to validate no project impact. The candidate will escalate any identified application problems to vendor or for resolution.
• Provides advanced technical guidance to PeopleSoft and web team developers and users including advice and guidance on complex processes and system interdependencies; troubleshoots operational and systems issues ranging from difficult to highly complex, including problems with multiple solutions and potential significant consequences; works with other IT staff to develop and implement or recommend the implementation of appropriate solutions to complex problems.
• Oversees reviews and participates with developers to complete PeopleSoft application customization and security requests, ensuring that development standards are followed, application changes are documented, change control procedures are strictly enforced and change projects are migrated across applications environments in an orderly manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar degree
- 12+ years of relevant experience
- 4+ years working with Peoplesoft
- Experience using and reviewing SQL
- Experience working with Oracle 12c
- Experience with Linux environments
- Excellent customer-facing skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work on high visibility and tightly scheduled large projects
- Excellent analytic skills to resolve system and data issues
- Demonstrated experience creating applications running under the Windows/Linux operating system
- Experience with supporting software development tools such as version control systems, unit-testing frameworks and scripting languages