Leidos is seeking an Software Developer intern who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the development of software that improves international air traffic operations on the SkyLine program. With offices located in Gaithersburg, MD work could entail systems, software, hardware integration and test engineering.
Every day across the globe, 60 percent of the world's commercial air traffic is monitored and controlled by air traffic control systems developed by Leidos. Leidos has become the world leader in air traffic control systems due to the reliability of powerful systems and accountability for on-time delivery and support.
In this position, you will be assigned to a team of software developers, system integrators or system engineers supporting one of a number of SkyLine programs. Specific responsibilities include:
• Developing and maintaining the SkyLine software (primarily C, C++/Java) on a Linux platform.
• Performing software development as needed for the system
• Providing support needed for system engineering and test engineering
• Deriving requirements to meet customer needs
• Troubleshooting technical issues
High school education or equivalent and 1+ years of related experience.
Candidates must be enrolled in a degree program in a relevant discipline.
Experience programming in latter versions of C++ (versions 11 and forward), Qt framework (based on C++)
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: