Do you want to be the cornerstone for IT systems and services ? Leidos has an opportunity for a multi-talented senior Infrastructure Engineer in the Navy's location at San Diego, CA/Point Loma, CA. This position provides option for a 9/80 schedule and relocation assistance is available for well-qualified, selected candidates. You must have an active DoD TS/SCI security clearance with a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) to be considered for this position.
This position is responsible for building and maintaining the fabric on which all other IT systems and services are built. You will be responsible for providing day-to-day Systems Administration for the Linux Virtual Machines (VMs) and installed hardware. You will also administrate and operate aspects of multiple systems and related software including Linux RHEL 6 servers in VMWare and Amazon Web Services hosted environments, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and Windows servers. Some of your daily tasks will be to...
- Create scripts to set polices and standards within the Operating Systems. Scripts will be needed for quicker patching and debugging.
- Assist the Configuration Management (CM) Team with Software Configuration Management (SCM) duties such as configuration identification, configuration change control, configuration status accounting, configuration verification, and audits.
- Help manage software baselines and deployments within development in addition to the customer release processes.
- Automate, develop, and perform software deployments for both internally and externally developed software test environments
- Receive, catalog, and perform version control for vendor baselines and software project deliverables.
- Perform deployment installation audits and baseline identification for test environments.
- Support development change management processes such as the Engineering Review Board (ERB) and Change Control Board (CCB).
- This position requires an active DoD TS/SCI security clearance with a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 12+ years of related experience including software installation and maintenance experience.
- Working knowledge of Information Assurance and Certification & Accreditation requirements as well as facility security requirements provided by SSC-PAC.
- Experience designing, installing and troubleshooting virtual and cloud data analytics environments, including the Navy Tactical Cloud Reference Implementation (TCRI) and the Agile Core Services (ACS) framework.
- Experience writing scripts for at least one operating system (Linux, Windows).
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
- Experience with continuous integration environments (e.g., Jenkins).
- Experience working in government/defense labs and their computing restrictions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and will be required to have contact with both a project technical lead and be able to take direction from our Navy government lead.
- Must possess or have the ability to possess an IAT II certification level, i.e., Cybersecurity Workforce Credentials IAT 2 (Linux OS and Security+ or equivalent).
- Experience with Geospatial-based application development and web-portal frameworks such as Ozone Widget Framework highly desirable.
- Experience developing in Linux and a virtualized environment.
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Linux, Windows).
- Experience as a Linux system administrator, preferably RedHat Linux.
- Experience with configuring and administering OS images in Amazon Web Services.
- Experience as a tool administrator for Atlassian SCM tools suite.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Two years' experience designing, installing and troubleshooting virtual and cloud data analytics environments, including the Navy Tactical Cloud Reference Implementation (TCRI) and the Agile Core Services (ACS) framework.
- Prior work as a software engineer is a plus.
- Experience with any of the following: Ansible, Docker, Git, Jira, Hadoop, Red Hat Linux, VMware
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: