The Maritime Solutions Division (MSD) of Leidos develops and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, other governmental agencies and commercial clients. MSD is currently seeking a Configuration Manager to support a world-class LEAN manufacturing environment for current and future projects spanning advanced concept and prototype development, low-rate initial production and full-rate production.
This immediate opening seeks a Configuration Manager with experience applying configuration management practices to technically complex systems in relatively low initial volumes. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with an outstanding group of production professionals, engineers and production technology technicians in Long Beach, MS. You will become part of a world class team that is a recognized leader in advanced systems development, and will support production of advanced ocean electronic systems, autonomous systems, and RF systems for the US Navy and the US Air Force.
- Run, improve, and manage Configuration Management on multiple programs to ensure compliance with corporate and ISO9001 procedures,
- Maintain records to ensure that current and historical configurations of products can be accurately determined throughout the product life cycle.
- Construct Bills of Materials for a manufacturing system and verify BOMs are properly configuration managed
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Configuration Management Plans
- Authorize the release of hardware and software changes
- Status and report on in-process Engineering Change Proposals
Requirements (Education /Years of Experience/Skill Sets - both technical & soft skill):
- 5+ years' total experience with configuration management focused on manufacturing.
- Experience with Configuration Management software
- Experience with ISO9001 quality management systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Materials Resource Planning (MRP) software
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years' relevant work experience
- Background establishing, collecting and reporting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to Configuration Management metrics.
- Basic understanding of MRP systems to include reconciling released BOMs with the MRP software, effective issuance of manufacturing orders (MO's) to the shop floor, etc.
- Lean Manufacturing Experience, including Kaizen and 5S
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: