Come work with some of the most talented and brightest minds in the data science and engineering arena in support of Data Analytics as a Service (DAAS) capabilities at the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC).
Leidos is seeking a Director of Technology Infrastructure to provide technical engineering management and leadership for the DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program in Bethesda, MD. D3P is a next generation machine learning, scalable platform providing data discovery with contemporary commercial capabilities for data alignment, enrichment, triage, and analytics for worldwide Defense and Intelligence Community members. The D3P microservices processing pipeline supports mission-critical DOMEX, namely the at-scale processing, translation, analysis, and dissemination of collected hard copy documents and electronic media content and metadata. The successful and talented candidate will manage and lead a team responsible for building and maintaining the infrastructure and micro-services system deployment of the DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P). The D3P Director of Technology Infrastructure will employ his deep technical knowledge, with responsibility for the development and execution of the D3P infrastructure strategy to build and maintain the infrastructure, associated enterprise services, and deployment of the microservices system.
Fun stuff you will do on this job:
• Serve as technical liaison for data center operations teams providing technical direction, interpretation and alternatives so that data center infrastructure demands are met.
• Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology, developing roadmap for data centers, co-location facilities, distributed processing nodes, and portable compute/storage platforms.
• Support weekly program SCRUM meetings with D3P teams to ensure infrastructure requirements and deliverables are in alignment with application development/release schedules
• Design, develop and operationalize new processes such as on demand environment provisioning including delivery of systems with an Infrastructure as Code approach as part of the overall CI/CD solution.
• Support the hardware and network architecture, estimation, configuration, and installation.
• Support the building of solutions for source control, continuous integration, and automated testing and release management.
• Work as communicator, and collaborator in a multi project, multi contractor environment with direct interaction with senior government executives.
• Interact with the Government regarding technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
• Coordinate planning and implementation with other D3P team leads in systems engineering, architecture, agile development, analytics services, data management, and program management to support a continuous integration/continuous delivery capability for full-stack integration, testing, and operation of multiple platforms and secured environments.
• Will need substantial experience overall in infrastructure design, network architecture and technology operations with strong leadership skills and strong management experience within a large, complex managed, shared technology services organization.
To be successful in this role you must have the following:
• A Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, or a closely related discipline with at least 8 years of relevant professional experience.
• Possess an active DOD Top Secret level security clearance, and be eligible to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance.
• At least 8 years leading infrastructure engineering teams with responsibility for hardware, networking, virtualization, and system deployment.
• At least 4 years of Linux environment experience including experience with shell scripting, networking, storage and release management.
• Strong experience within a data center environment specifically in the areas of Systems Architecture, Systems Implementation and Deployment, Systems Integration, and Automation. Knowledgeable of public, private, and hybrid cloud infrastructure environments.
• Strong experience with provisioning, maintaining, and decommissioning, virtual machine configurations, including networking, storage and security settings, and deploying them to hosts upon request using orchestration tools.
• Experience with at least one development language such as Java, Python, Ruby, Java Script, etc.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Master's Degree in an Information Technology field
• DoD 8570 IAT II Certification.
• 2+ years' experience with planning installing, configuring, and testing, hardware OS software configurations supporting virtual machines, containers, runtime environment and guest OS.
• 2+ years' experience deploying and configuring solutions to provide and manage access to physical, virtual, and cloud-based computing resources through software abstractions for resource allocation, access control, and usage monitoring; including hierarchical resource managers (e.g. Apache), software containers, software container orchestration engines (Kubernetes, Rancher, or Marathon), virtual machines, remote desktops, and virtual private networks.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: