The Leidos Advanced Solutions Group has a career opportunity for a Mission Sensor Field Service Representative located at Biggs Army Airfield on Ft Bliss in El Paso, TX, with the Airborne Integration and Ground Processing Systems operation. The FSR will support the Airborne Reconnaissance Low - Enhanced (ARL-E) program which will initially field four (4) systems to Biggs Army Airfield. The ARL-E system contains an array of reconfigurable sensor packages and the required supporting Information Technology (IT) systems. Sensors can include Wide Area Surveillance, Light Detection and Ranging, COMINT, and Hyper Spectral. The FSR will maintain this complex array of mission sensors and supporting IT systems for the cutting edge Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance platform. The FSR will be based at the customer location on Biggs Army Airfield and conduct Mission Equipment Payload (MEP) service, repair, reconfiguration, and/or installation services to existing hardware, software, network configurations, and new system initiatives in support of US Army CONUS based operations to ensure the highest levels of system availability and mission completion. 25% travel is required. Interim TS clearance is required upon hire.
- As a member of the FSR team, will support maintaining the ARL-E fleet MEP for a high tempo CONUS based mission flight program.
- Ensure continuous operation of ARL-E Mission Equipment Payloads which includes the COMINT, SIGINT, Radar, HSI and MX-20 systems. The FSR will develop extensive knowledge of these specialized sensor systems.
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting of operational system deficiencies and status into Army Aircraft forms.
- Provide support at all required locations. Roving support at Ft Huachuca, AZ may be required.
- Provide assistance with development and adherence to all Leidos and customer policies and procedures
- Train lower level support employees
- Support a new complex systems of systems and resolve unclear problems. Some issues are expected to be "first" occurrences and require an understanding of a broader set of issues or system operations or analysis to resolve.
- Communicate with internal and external organizations including multiple customer organizations, sensor OEMs, and engineering staff. Communication may include reports, support efforts, and coordination with engineers.
- BS degree and 2-4 years of experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of the degree
- Interim Top Secret clearance
- Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the ARL-E MEP system and be able to resolve complex problems and routine maintenance issues.
- Experience with troubleshooting to isolate system faults and perform repairs of complex systems
- DoD 8570 Compliant IAT Level II (ability to gain certification within 6 months)
- Experience with multiple airborne sensors and systems which may include Beyond Line of Site (BLOS) SATCOM Networks, Hyperspectral systems, Synthetic Aperture Radar systems, multiple COMINT systems, and FMV systems
- Knowledge of MEP systems on the ISR asset and ground systems architecture
- Knowledge of and ability to apply technical principles, theories, and concepts to network and avionics mission systems
- High level of computer knowledge (i.e. Windows IP config, Microsoft Office Suite)
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Qualified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic's Certificate a plus.
- Current DoD 8570 Compliant IAT Level II
- Prior experience with ARL-E specific sensors and systems
- Relevant IT certifications (Microsoft, VMWare, etc.)
Referral Program Eligible