Leidos is seeking an Automated Tester with Software Engineering experience to develop and maintain automated test scripts to support agile development and release of applications that support corporate services, legacy mission services, and cloud-based analytic services.
• Responsible for employing automated test tools and operating in a cloud environment.
• Use established agile processes to work within the scrum teams to maximize coverage of automated tests, and fill in where necessary with manual test scripts.
• Support applications in O&M status by maintaining automated test scripts as needed.
• The successful candidate will work with a team of software and systems engineers and is expected to be skilled and knowledgeable in industry-standard testing methodologies.
• Must have experience developing test scripts with security, scalability, and reliability in mind.
• Must be a dynamic, innovative, self-starting problem solver that can operate with minimal supervision.
• Candidates will contribute to back-end and/or user interface development when in-between test activities.
• Work independently to establish the test approach and defect tracking workflow (primarily automated test, augmented with manual tests when necessary) for multiple development scrum teams
• Work closely with SE/Scrum Masters for each team to work within the technical and schedule constraints
• Participate in 3 week sprints, collaborating with the customer and team, to define, build and test data collection and data management services
• Contribute to the scrum teams, participating in daily scrums, and be proactive to work tasks and resolve obstacles
• Provide support to DRs detected in service development, delivery and operations
• BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical disciple, plus 12 years relevant experience OR experience in lieu of degree
• Experience with software testing frameworks (similar to Selenium or JUnit)
• Agile workload management and bug tracking (similar to Jira or AgileCraft)
• Understanding of RESTful services
• Organizing/supporting user acceptance testing (UAT) prior to Production deployment
• Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools (e.g., AWS CodePipeline, Jenkins)
• Infrastructure as code (IaC) (e.g., AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Puppet)
• Code quality scans (e.g., SonarQube)
Clearance: Active TS/SCI with Poly
Location: Reston, VA
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel