The Intelligence Group has a current opening for a FOIA/PA Specialist at our Customer site in Springfield, VA An ACTIVE TS/SCI level security clearance is required to be considered.
The Freedom of Information Act/Privacy Act (FOIA/PA) Specialist proactively provides non-inherently governmental support to all aspects of the FOIA/PA program to ensure NGA compliance with established procedures and timelines. The incumbent specifically supports the FOIA/PA program through use of the FOIAXpress application on all platforms; produces and disseminates requested information; and provides follow-up support to finalize Consultations, Referrals, Appeals, Litigations, and FOIA/Privacy Act requests for the customer. The FOIA/PA Specialist prepares and recommends to the NGA FOIA Management Program (FMP) Government Point of Contact (GPOC) applicable restrictions or exemptions; and gathers, researches, reports, and collects metrics pertaining to the FMP GPOC upon request. The incumbent attends and participates in all appropriate meetings and discussions as directed by the FMP GPOC relating to FOIA/PA processes and procedures. The FOIA/PA Specialist drafts and updates standard operating procedures, at least annually, and as requirements change, in accordance with all pertinent executive orders, Department of Defense/Intelligence Community (DoD/IC) policy and NGA internal policies and provides findings to the NGA FMP GPOC for approval. The incumbent must complete Department of Justice (DOJ) and DoD training annually, or as required to remain current in all aspects of FOIA/PA.
The FOIA/PA Specialist provides guidance and assistance to support customer offices/employees, Federal /DoD/IC agencies, and the American public requesting information through FOIA/PA requests, referrals, and consultations. The incumbent works closely with all customer offices and collaborates with the customer 's General Counsel, records management program, declassification management program, DoD, DOJ, and the IC to provide replies to requestors and ensure records and information are released IAW the Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. para 552. The FOIA/PA Specialist ensures the maximum amount of information is made available to the public while ensuring the protection of customer's responsibility to protect national security, and other DoD information.
- An active TS/SCI clearance and ability to undergo a successful Polygraph examination.
- Minimum 7 years of experience supporting FOIA/PA Programs through use of the FOIAXpress application on all platforms to include producing and disseminating requested information and finalizing Consultations, Referrals, Appeals, Litigations, FOIA, and Privacy Act requests.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a related information management field.
- Ability to support (15%) travel requirements for the position.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing electronic databases to track, store, and process FOIA/PA requests in the IC, DoD or Federal Government.
- Demonstrated experience processing FOIA/PA cases and FOIA/PA requests received by an agency or organization.
- Possess a Master's degree, or higher, in information management.
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel