The candidate will provide point-of-contact (POC) communications and guidance on Configuration Management (CM) policy to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Areas of Support include timely analysis and processing of National Airspace System (NAS) Change Proposals (NCP's), FAA generated CM case files, establishing and verifying facility baselines, and maintenance of the National Web Configuration Management (WebCM) system.
Primary Responsibilities: Specific tasks will include:
• Analyze proposed changes of design to determine the effect on the overall system.
• Prepare reports documenting the change effect on the overall system.
• Coordinate modification records for management control.
• Establish change orders and prepare for change authorizations.
• Review and analyze engineering change data and coordinate changes with engineering, quality control, and field facilities.
• Ensure FAA requirements are implemented in compliance with configuration management policies.
Typically requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Experience in configuration management including change processing, evaluation of change packages, and control over extensive database of drawings and CM oriented materials.
Bachelors' Degree with 6 years' of applicable experience.
Familiarity with FAA programs and processes.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: