Leidos is currently seeking a Software Design Engineer / Software Developer to support its JALFHCC Sustainment and Development Team for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). As a member of our JALFHCC Sustainment and Development team, the individual will serve as a Software Design Engineer / Software Developer to define, design, and develop graphical user interfaces and backend functionality for the Financial Management Reconciliation capability for our VA/DoD Interoperability solution at the James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center (JALFHCC) in North Chicago, IL. The Software Design Engineer / Software Developer will also work in team context for new requirements, new functionality and enhancements, design, development, and integration of the Financial Management Reconciliation in an Agile Development framework that leverages VA's Veteran-focused Integration Process (VIP) and its supporting IBM Rational Collaborative Acquisition Management Lifecycle (CALM) suite supporting toolset. The Software Design Engineer / Software Developer will be a SME in the Financial Management Reconciliation capability for the James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center. The Software Design Engineer / Software Developer is responsible for primarily eliciting and analyzing requirements, creating a design, then developing / coding a solution, all in the agile development approach. Will have the highest level of influence in developing a software solution. The successful candidate will have excellent soft skills / verbal communication skills and will be accustomed to working in a dynamic high-tech environment, engaging with senior government clients and staff, business analysts, system/software architects and other developers and support personnel on a daily basis. The Software Developer will be able to work remotely via telework.
- Develop a "User experience"-focused application development that displays creativity in functionality and "look and feel" of user interfaces
- Windows and web-based application development within the client-specific development environment and languages (Java, Java Web Services, Java Server Faces (JSF), Richfaces).
- Develop applications that interface with Oracle DB and Oracle Business Intelligence (BI), that include incorporating Oracle DB and Oracle BI into the developed application
- Use of application programming interfaces (APIs) to import MS Excel-based data into an Oracle environment
- Development of dashboards, reports and other visualizations using BI tools.
- Using Web Services to retrieve data in XML form and, using the technologies above to present that data to the end users.
- Development of Section 508-compliant applications and websites.
- Basic Qualifications
- Candidate must pass a National Agency Check (NAC) covering the past 5 years to obtain a VA Medium/BI Public Trust clearance
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent with 12 - 15 years of prior, relevant experience or a Master's degree with 10 - 13 years of prior, relevant experience.
- Java, Java Web Services, Java Server Faces (JSF), Richfaces
- Oracle Business Intelligence (Oracle BI), Oracle WebLogic, and Oracle RDBMS.
- SQL Developer, Eclipse IDE, Maven and Ant.
- XML - eXtensible Markup Language - knowledge of use and capabilities and how to interpret the structure and read/manipulate various technologies such as XSL and MSXML.
- HTML - preferably up to and including HTML5
- Familiarity with SQL Reporting
- Experience with the use of Web Services to retrieve data in XML form and, using the technologies above, present that data to the end users.
- Experience working in a DoD or Federal Government environment
- Experience with User Interface or User Experience Design.
- Current/active background investigation/security clearance (ADP II or higher)
- Experience with Department of Veterans Affairs within the last two years, to include previous possess of VA PIV card and VA network access
- Working knowledge of Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) processes; specific knowledge and/or familiarity with project development processes/requirements
- Section 508 Compliance - knowledge and experience in developing sites and capabilities in such a way as to be Section 508 compliant, particularly as specified in VA's 508 compliance site (http://www.section508.va.gov/).
- Experience using the Rational Collaborative Application Lifecycle Management (CALM) tool suite or similar Agile project management tool sets (requirements, configuration/version control, testing, etc.)
- Experience with Lync / Skype for Business
- Experience in a Health Services environment
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: