The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Technical Manager, contingent upon contract award, in White Oak, MD.
The Technical Manager position is a highly visible position to ensure the network architecture is sized, scaled for the future, and structured to provide high availability to meet the service level agreements for the FDA customer. The Network manager must identify risks, with associated mitigation plans provide a plan for growth of the network for future upgrades, and collaborate with peers and other key staff and customers to ensure a reliable and robust network architecture is established and maintained. The successful candidate will have related network certifications (CCNA or CCNP) and a minimum of 10 years of related contract experience defining, trouble shooting and managing comparable networks.
The Datacenter Contract supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) organizations to provide critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. The datacenter supports systems that continue to evolve to meet emerging business needs and to support new mandates and initiatives. It is important to respond to customer needs and issues. The person in this position will work directly with the FDA senior leadership team and the Leidos Health Systems program leadership team to ensure success of all aspects of the program including vendor recommendations and solutions, cloud architectures, and other network support responsibilities in a large scale datacenter environment. This position is contingent upon contract award.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Technical Manager position include but not limited to the following:
- Implement an over-arching service strategy consistent with ITIL Version 3 practices and integrated into the FDA's own IT Service Management framework
- Maintain an over-arching, service level-driven performance monitoring and management approach that enables transparent Government monitoring in order to hold the Contractor accountable for inputs and outputs. Additionally, when necessary on labor-hour portions of this Call, resource tracking (labor category and level of effort) shall be included as a tracked input variable.
- Coordinate approach and support processes with OIMT and FDA Center stakeholders as well as other contractors designated to provide local support inclusive of existing local systems and infrastructure
- Works alongside the program manager and other datacenter management to determine the technical goals of the program and works with program stakeholders to refine those goals into executable objectives.
- Devises plans and drives execution of each phase of the program objectives and innovation projects.
- Performs quality control checks, ensuring the effectiveness and reliability of the network systems, tools, and products.
- Evaluates the engineering costs to identify efficiencies and improved ways of delivering service to the customer.
- Negotiates with stakeholders (Vendors, Customer, etc.) to generate ideas and clarify specifications.
- Delegates tasks as necessary to engineering team and maintains accountability for results.
- Builds strong professional working relationships with stakeholders to resolves disputes, define technical solutions, and drive positive change within the program.
- The ideal candidate may have multiple people supporting them but will be required to work with external stakeholders to achieve program objectives. This would include the issues, risks, dependencies, and making sure action plans are documented and executed accordingly.
- Be responsible for working with the customer and external stakeholders (industry leaders, vendors, etc.) to accomplish program goals in which we are dependent on them completing tasks.
- This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to effectively brief FDA government customers.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyzes for total systems across the FDA network.
- Assist in the planning and performing of analytical research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications.
- Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with no supervision.
- Some travel (
Bachelor's Degree and 12 years of overall IT experience with 5 years of Project/Technical Management experience.
- Experience supporting incident management, problem management, and integrating new technologies into these processes.
- Certification: ITIL Foundations Level
- FDA customer experience and knowledge of their organizational structure
- Certification: ITIL Intermediate Level or higher.