No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
Leidos is seeking a Proposal Coordinator for either our Pittsburgh, PA, Albany, OR, or Morgantown, WV location.
This work supports the Strategic Partnerships group under Science & Technology Strategic Plans & Programs at the National Energy Technology Lab (NETL). NETL is part of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) national laboratory system and supports the mission to advance the energy security of the United States. NETL implements a broad spectrum of energy and environmental R&D programs that will return benefits for generations to come.
The position is directly related to NETL's pursuit of reimbursable work and enables funding and research growth within the Research and Innovation Center (RIC). The position is responsible for assisting Strategic Partnerships in identifying and pursuing opportunities for expanding funding sources (e.g., non-FE DOE, other federal or government agencies, CRADA partners, private-sector organizations) across NETL, but especially the Research and Innovation Center. Support for this effort is anticipated to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Assisting in identifying and providing information on funding opportunities to NETL personnel (e.g., FOAs, RFPs, BAAs, DOE Lab Calls, SERDP, and other Federal Agency solicitations, etc.)
- Directing and/or participating in all aspects of proposal preparation including developing and collecting boilerplate materials (project job descriptions, resumes, templates), developing budgets, ensuring compliance with funding opportunity requirements, handling the receipt of deliverables from NETL and any teaming universities/organizations, writing technical documents, creating graphics, editing, reviewing content, and assembling final documents
- Developing and maintaining proposal schedules with internal clients and external teaming partners
- Coordinating review teams and ensuring proposals are compliant
- Submitting electronic and hard copy proposal packages by due date
- Writing and editing resumes and project descriptions; performing quality reviews of proposal packages
- Developing talking papers, capability statements or packages describing NETL and partner capabilities relevant to opportunities or for use in meetings or discussions
- Networking to promote the lab and its capabilities; developing business relationships to identify strategic partners for collaborative research; connecting with innovators that could license lab technologies
- Collecting, tracking and analyzing submitted proposal data. Preparing monthly reports and developing custom reports for Strategic Partnerships upon request
- Developing reporting tools that assist NETL in managing reimbursable work efforts and pursuits
- Developing training seminars to educate RIC staff in the logistics and strategies of pursuing reimbursable work
- Bachelor's degree in science, business, or related field and at least 5 years of related experience
- Familiarity with reviewing solicitations (RFP, RFI, BAA) is needed. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- This position will require extensive interface with all levels of Leidos's federal client and potential collaborative partners, so excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- The complexity of information to be managed will require excellent organization and documentation skills; attention to detail is a must; and ability to troubleshoot, resolve administrative problems and respond to inquiries
- A combination of scientific and business education is preferred
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: