Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Administration Intelligence Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Network Analyst at the DISA Headquarters Command Center on Ft. Meade, MD.
The Network Operations Analyst will support the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) with Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers, the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
- Services include the core telecommunications capabilities that enable the Warfighter to meet operational needs by providing world-wide telecommunications, supporting natural disaster relief, and conducting humanitarian assistance in peace time crises, regional conflicts, and at the same time executing on-going strategic deterrence activities.
The work is currently focused under the ITIL precept as incident, problem, or event management and to a lesser degree capacity and computing performance.
The candidate will support GSMO Task Order 20.
Execute in real time, in accordance with mission requirements:
- Trend analysis and reporting
- Ticket management / analysis
- Customer RFI management
- Briefing to senior leaders
Gather trend data from various tools and reporting sources, analyze the data to identify possible trends and critical failures, develop trends and metrics reports based on the findings, and coordinate meetings and supporting presentations based on this analysis to DISA managers and Senior Managers.
Provide management insight into trends impacting DISA Network and Computing Services to identify opportunities to reduce outage time, identify reoccurring issues (problem management), reduce days to root cause determination, decrease implementation time for permanent fixes, decrease problems due to changes, improve management decision making, and allocate resources based on DISA priorities to effectively and efficiently address and remediate reoccurring or critical failures.
- This will require analyzing outages, incidents, and events for possible trends, developing trend reports, and participating in DISA incident and problem management teams and working groups to assist with remediation of these issues.
As internal DISA technology becomes available this balance will shift based on identified trends and a goal to represent a balanced quality of service view.
Provide timely, informative management analytical and trending reports on DISA Network, Computing and Applications Services to provide decision support to Agency leadership and management to improve performance and service delivery.
This position is a shift work position and could require you to work Day shift, Afternoons, or Overnight, as well as, potentially weekends and/or holidays.
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 8-12 years of overall related experience. Additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with various Microsoft technologies such as MS Office 2013 and SharePoint
- Good oral and written communication skills
- DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ce.
- Ticket Management System experience (preferably GTMS or ITSM)
- ITIL V3 Foundations
- Experience briefing Senior Leaders
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel