Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Network Operations Engineering Lead. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
This leader will need subject matter expertise and experience in hiring, training, certifying, and leading a team of Network Engineering and Systems Administration professionals in the 24x7x365 operations, administration and maintenance of mission critical DoD voice, video, and collaborative communications networks.
Assignments are received in task and objective oriented terms. The leader will provide direction to subordinates based on general policies and management guidance. Interprets and executes policies and procedures that typically affect subordinate organizational units. Recommends modifications to operating policies.
Accomplishes results through lower level subordinate supervisors, or exempt professional staff who exercise significant latitude and independence in assignments. Often heads skilled, experienced, and senior level exempt professional staff unit(s).
Functions as an advisor to team leaders regarding tasks, projects, and operations. Becomes actively involved in daily operations only when required to meet critical schedules or resolve complex problems.
Effective communications skills: Be able to communicate with ease in front of large audiences of senior IT and communications personnel
Experience understanding and managing customer expectations
Experience managing cost accounts
Prefer a minimum of 5+ years of experience in Information Technology
Experience with strategic planning in relation to application system upgrades, new releases and migration to new systems
- Oversee engineering project progression network operations and support activities for Cisco, Juniper, Avaya and peripheral management solution environments.
- Support preparations of technical implementation plans to provide integrated solutions, including actions, milestones, timelines and critical paths required for complete solutions.
- Coordinate subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions
- Identification and management of issues, risks, dependencies
- Collaborate with key partners in various technologies to de-conflict efforts
- Status reporting to the UC Operations Engineering Manager and customers
- Creating, documenting, and executing action plans
- Work with the customer and external stakeholders to accomplish program goals in which we are dependent on them completing tasks
- Manages multiple aspects of engineering tasks simultaneously
- Monitor, adjusts and reports on operations performance and schedule
- Some travel may be required (10%)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects. 4+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Familiarity with engineering project management from project charter and initiation documentation to completion.
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience implementing, administering, performing testing, and analyzing network systems
- In-depth experience in network engineering, configuration management, problem management, and performance management
- Working knowledge of Voice application service networks, to include network appliances (e.g., Unified Communications Managers (Call Managers), voice switches, media gateways, routers, load balancers, firewalls)
- Technical depth in network services and architecture (BGP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, WAN, VPN, VLAN, VRF, etc)
- Large complex network engineering experience
- Network certifications such as but not limited to, Cisco Certifications (CCIE, CCNP, etc.), Microsoft certifications (MCSE, etc.), security certifications (Security + CE, CISSP, etc.)
- Ability to make decisions and escalate when needed
- Self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Ability to obtain DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE
- Strong written and verbal communications, team building and collaboration skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
External Referral Eligible