Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Senior BMC IT Service Management Suite Administrator at Scott AFB, IL or Hill AFB, UT.
Leidos is seeking a candidate to fill a Senior BMC IT Service Management Suite Administrator position supporting DISA's GSM-O contract at Scott AFB, IL or Hill AFB, UT. The candidate will be responsible for the maintenance and configuration of the Enterprise level IT Service Management system consisting of BMC Remedy ITSM Suite including Service Desk, Asset Management, Change Management, Service Request Management, Service Level Management, Atrium CMDB, BNA, and Smart Reporting. Provides support on a M-F business hours schedule, also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations. Approximately 10% of the job will require domestic and international travel. Work is performed based on the customer Accepted Level of Performance (ALP). Candidate will perform within a fixed price, performance-based environment where performance is based on pre-determined Service Level Agreement's (SLA's) or Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP's). Candidate is required to support the development, documentation and tracking of measurements and metrics relevant to the ALP's.
-Managing the BMC Remedy and ITSM suite providing configuration, integration, implementation and testing as well as installs and administration across critical DoD networks. Management will include the Service Desk, Asset Management, Change Management, Service Request Management, Service Level Agreement Atrium CMDB, BNA and Smart Reporting Modules.
- Interacts with users to analyze and evaluate vendor products.
- Meets with process owners and customers to identify requirements to automate business processes
- Evaluate, design, develop, and debug Remedy applications/workflows/forms
- Managing service accounts providing performance and system tuning and installation of enterprise systems wide software and ensuring adequate storage space and security is in place.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Applies security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Provides coaching and reviewing the work of lower level technical staff.
- Provides support on a M-F business hours schedule, also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations.
- General Systems Administration tasking also includes creating templates, assigning user permissions, daily maintenance checks, responding to and resolving high level end user issues through Remedy ticketing.
- Perform application upgrades when necessary.
- Work with the broader support team to provide senior level troubleshooting and resolution for complex system/application issues.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 8+ years of work experience with BMC ITSM suite of products required. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree
- Strong knowledge in BMC ITSM.
- Experience in managing Remedy applications on Windows servers.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve moderate to complex system/application issues.
- Experienced in writing automated scripts in UNIX and Windows OS for maintaining the health of the applications.
- Assist with the integration with other NMS and external ticketing systems.
- Prepare and submit change requests, user guides, training guides and other required documentation in support of capabilities for the ITSM system.
- Application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance and the ability to acquire a Top Secret security clearance is required for this position.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at least IAT level II, e.g. Security+ce.
- Candidates with a thorough knowledge of networking principles to included TCP/IP a plus.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified
- Linux environment experience
- Windows Server experience
- Experience working with virtual environments
External Referral Eligible