The Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group has an opening for a Sr. Network Engineer on the JRSS Operations Engineering team in Stuttgart, Germany.
Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) is partnering with the U.S. Army and Air Force to fundamentally change the way the Department of Defense (DoD) secures and protects its information networks by deploying Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS). Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS) are designed for security of the network to be centralized into regional architectures instead of locally distributed architectures at each military base, post, camp or station.
This Network Engineer role will support the GSM-O program which provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of JRSS. This team works in a performance-based environment where our performance is based on pre-determined Service Level Agreements (SLA) or Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP).
You will be responsible for:
- Development of technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
- Implementation and troubleshooting of routing protocols, specifically BGP, OSPF, OSPFv3.
- Configuration of routing protocols including EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, and implementation of access control lists in different environments.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of protocols to include: OSPF, BGP, and HSRP.
- Routing and switching (VPN, VLAN, BGP, and HSRP)
- Configuration, performance, availability, and security of the JRSS network architecture.
- Identification and documentation of network errors and solutions.
- Analysis of network and telecommunications alarms and identify potential issues.
- Configuration, testing, installation, troubleshooting, and maintaining network devices such as firewalls, cryptographic devices, and routers to optimize performance and ensure the desired security posture is attained and maintained.
- Providing high level technical support for the design, implementation and integration of network changes and sustainment
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline with 8 years of overall related experience. Additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Must hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, CISSP or equivalent) prior to start date
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
- Hands-on expertise with the following technologies: WAN IP routing protocols (e.g. BGP, ISIS), IPsec, traffic shaping, firewalls (e.g.ASA, Palo Alto, Juniper), IPS/IDS systems, Crypto network appliances, and/or WAN traffic acceleration
- Proven expertise with networking protocols to include IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS
- Proven technical hands-on experience working with Cisco routing protocols in an enterprise environment (static routes, OSPF, EIGRP,GGP, route maps, redistribution)
- Proven experience conducting the following: performance management, fault management, Local Area Network (LAN) maintenance
- Ability to perform on-call duties as required of the program
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Defense & Intel