The Leidos GETS Program currently has an opening for an on-site field system engineer providing technical support for the General Purpose Electronic Test System ATE (GETS-1000 Automatic Test Equipment). This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the GETS Program in our ATE system support mission. This position will include up to six months of training at our Huntsville, Alabama Facility on the Test System and Test Program training. The permanent position will then be in United Arab Emirates at the customer's depot to provide technical support. This position may require support to other customer OCONUS sites based on customer needs.
Responsible for functioning as the liaison between the end customer and Leidos for resolution of technical issues pertaining to testing on the ATE. Technical support responsibilities also include:
- Installing system software, performing routine maintenance checks on the system
- Develop solutions to resolve technical issues with testing requirements on the ATE system.
- Providing informal OJT training on system related issues, and verification of the test programs.
- Preparing monthly reports and attending monthly progress calls with the home office.
- Attendance and support of our annual User's Meeting in the U.S.
- Work with the customer and program directly.
- Bachelor's Degree with 4 or more years of experience or Masters Degree and 2 or more years of experience.
- 4 or more years of directly related experience can offset the degree requirements.
- Experience with design and development of C language software.
- Knowledge of operating, handling, and repair of electronic equipment and C language software.
- Knowledge of ATE design , maintenance, and test of Analog, RF and Digital systems.
- Experience with analyzing and trouble-shooting electronic circuits.
- Proficient in the utilization of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Experience developing Test Program Sets utilizing LabWindows.
- Experience with design and test of Analog, RF and Digital systems.
- Experience utilizing Automatic Test Equipment. Arabic language proficiency.
- Active DOD Secret security clearance.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel