The Candidate will design, install, configure and support the customer's data communications systems. Assist in the transition from IPv4 to IPv6 networks; maintain the network hardware and software as well as monitor the network to ensure network availability to all system users; perform the necessary maintenance to support network availability; and may support the design, design documentation, factory testing and network integration of IP/MPLS based LAN/WAN network infrastructure. General tasks include developing new network designs, assessing network management architecture, documenting the architecture, developing test plans, and conducting the testing effort. The candidate will be responsible for installations, upgrades, support and problem resolution for mainly Linux based operating systems.
Must be dynamic, innovative, self-starting problem solver. Must have the aptitude and attitude to tackle unsolved technical challenges.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or similar field;
- 15+ years of Network Engineering experience;
- Demonstrated experience transitioning large networks from IPv4 to IPv6;
- Demonstrated experience architecting new network designs;
- 6+ years' hands on experience working with and configuring VMWare;
- 2+ years' proven experience with software defined networks;
- Proven experience coding in scripting languages (Bash, Python, and/or PowerShell);
- CCNA certification at a minimum; knowledge of and experience with networking and network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, routing, firewalls, SSH, VPNs)