Leidos is seeking a talented Systems Engineer with a technical writing background responsible for documenting and translating highly technical information into clear, readable documents for technical and non-technical personnel. The candidate will support the creation of a variety of media including Wiki pages, complex technical graphics, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and briefing presentations.
In the role of a technical writer, the candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Compose technical documentation including user manuals, technical specifications, installation guides, system security plans, system requirements documents, standard operating procedures, installation guides and briefings;
- Conduct research to support and extend technical content as needed;
- Organize material and complete writing assignments according to set standards and guidelines;
- Own the entire documentation set, including architecture, writing, editing, testing, and deployment;
- Create document templates and shells for subject matter experts to complete
- Coordinate with system engineers, subject matter experts, to ensure all developed content is consistent, validated, and verified
- Ensure the use of proper technical terminology in team-produced artifacts;
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions per an established document development life cycle
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others; and,
- Manage simultaneous complex and competing documentation projects involving other team members and key stakeholders across the organization
- Bachelor's degree in English, Technical Writing, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent work experience;
- 12+ years of experience writing technical documentation for technical and non-technical audiences;
- Advanced skills using MS Office Suite
- Technical editing experience supporting Intelligence Community (IC) technical and reference documents
- Experience creating technical documentation (vs. editing) with input from software engineers, systems engineers, and network engineers.
- Proven experience creating technical diagrams and specifications using Visio
- Experience writing in a structured authoring environment
- Ability to learn new technical information quickly to convey concepts to targeted to the audience
- Ability to multi-task in a high-paced environment
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with Configuration Management documentation
- General knowledge of IT Security principles with attention to
detail in identifying areas of risk.
- Understanding of web-based database software applications.