Functions of this role include:
• Active participant in 24x7 operations of the NOAA SOC and Commerce ESOC.
• Act as main investigators for potential incidents identified by Tier 1 analysts.
• Knowledgeable on multiple technology and system types
• Defining protocols and maturing 'playbooks' of operational response to cyber threats
• Working within the playbooks as defined
• Operate autonomously to further investigate and escalate in accordance with protocols and contractual SLAs
• Participate and lead SOC working groups. Collaborate across organizational lines and develop depth in your desired cyber discipline and/or technologies.
• Provide teaching / mentoring to SOC Tier 1 Analysts
• Must be US Citizen. Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Top Secret Clearance or TS/SCI (Interim Secret acceptable).
5+ years experience within specific security disciplines (ie incident response, vulnerability management, cyber intelligence, threat hunting)
• In depth understanding of cyber landscape and typical threat vectors
• In depth understanding of operational requirements and impacts of working within a FISMA High System.
• Security or relevant IT technology certification
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: