Functions of this role include:
• Active participant in 24x7 operations of the NOAA SOC and Commerce ESOC. This includes proactively monitoring and providing near-real-time cybersecurity status and reports to enable timely decision-making for 24/7 operations.
• As first line of defense for NOAA and commerce enterprises and systems, SOC Tier 1 analysts monitor and investigate alerts sent to the SOC.
• Operate with direction to investigate and escalate in accordance with protocols and contractual SLAs as well as NOAA and Commerce procedures
• Participate regularly in SOC working group sessions. Collaborate across organizational lines and develop depth in your desired cyber discipline and/or technologies.
• Must be US Citizen. Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Top Secret Clearance or TS/SCI (Interim Secret acceptable).
• 0-3 years of experience within cyber operations
• Basic understanding of cyber landscape and typical threat vectors
• Ability to support day and night shift rotational schedule.
• Security or relevant IT technology certification
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.