Do you want to grow your career and be part of a team solving critical challenges that affect the world?
Leidos Civil is leading the way in solving internationally pressing issues, including:
Aviation - Guiding the world's air traffic, managing 43,000+ flights for 2.5 million passengers per day
Logistics & infrastructure support - Operating infrastructure for large-scale nuclear cleanup efforts
Cybersecurity - Monitoring advanced threats; managing security services and utility command and control centers
Facility management & operations - Operating the world's longest supply chain to Antarctica
Energy engineering - Restoring power during hurricane efforts; helping communities achieve significant energy savings
Environmental management - Delivering innovative environmental solutions and wildlife conservation plans
IT infrastructure modernization - Helping 2+ million citizens recover from identity theft; maintaining global biometrics systems
Transportation security solutions - Securing U.S. borders with 1200+ radiation and explosive monitors; designing vehicle solutions that save lives, reduce congestion, and boost fuel efficiency
If you desire to be an integral part of a dynamic team of science and technology leaders, then Leidos Civil is the place for you!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...Practical Answers for a Complicated World
Leidos is seeking a Data Center Technician to join our team in support of a federal law enforcement agency. The Datacenter Technician is responsible for the daily operations and maintenance of the Datacenter.
Specific duties include:• Work location includes Merrifield (Primary) and Sterling (Secondary)• Recommend, document, and oversee policies and procedures to meet industry best practices and to meet required SLOs • Troubleshoot and diagnose hardware issues. Perform maintenance on hardware to include replacing cables, memory and other equipment. • Create tickets within the ticketing system to address problems, incidents and changes of hardware • Provide accurate and detailed logs within the ticketing and messaging systems for callouts and system alerts, as well as for communication and escalation steps taken to ensure prompt resolution of supported equipment, processes and teams • Install, test and label cable and fiber using standard data center protocols and use cable management systems• Maintain site security protocols, badging requirements and data protection procedures • Ensure all media storage devices (Hard drives, thumb drives, CD/DVD's, etc.) are properly logged, secured and documented to ensure compliance with retention practices • Strong working knowledge with server and network hardware/components, copper and fiber infrastructure installation and testing, data center productivity and support tools, applications and software (Windows, Linux, SSH, RDP, Putty, etc.), and data center infrastructure management (DCIM) related tools • Coordinate equipment/material receiving, shipping and RMA processing support as/when required • Provide vendor and security escorts as needed • Provide general cleaning on raised floor, cabinet/rack exterior surfaces, work benches and other areas as needed on a regular basis • Support standard and emergency operating procedures for data center. • Provide status reporting regarding Data Center service availability, performance, capacity utilization as required • Daily error log reporting and physical DC inspections for general health, power, cooling, hazards, etc. • Coordinates equipment installation and delivery schedules in accordance with set project plans
External Referral Eligible
Typically requires High School Diploma or equivalent and 3-5 years of prior relevant experience.
• Minimum 3 year experience in similar mission critical facilities• Analytical troubleshooting skills• Ability to follow specified policies and procedures• Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Working knowledge with Data Center Network Hardware (Ethernet, Fiber Channel interfaces)Physical Requirements:
• Work at heights and from ladders.• Regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.• Regularly lift and/or move up to 49 pounds; and participate in group lifts for 50 pounds or more.• Carry objects weighing up to 49 pounds for short distances• Work shifts longer than eight hours in duration.• Respond to off hour emergency calls.• Work in a noisy environment• Work at depths, such as under raised floorsDesired Skills:
• BCSI Technician Credential Preferred
• Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with flexibility to work different hours when needed
• Install cable runs, patch panels and cross connects. Performs cable lacing as per the Datacenter standards
• Hands-on experience with the installation of both copper and fiber media types
• Working knowledge with cable testing systems to ensure operational integrity
• Working knowledge of troubleshooting both copper and fiber cable media. (E.g. dB loss, Attenuation, Breaks, Termination Problems, Transmission Characteristics)