Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Security Operations Center (SOC) Support Services is a US Government program responsible to monitor, detect, analyze, mitigate, and respond to cyber threats and adversarial activity on the DHS Enterprise. The DHS SOC has primary responsibility for monitoring and responding to security events and incidents detected at the Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) and Policy Enforcement Point (PEP) and is responsible for directing and coordinating detection and response activities performed by each Component SOC. Direction and coordination are achieved through a new shared DHS incident tracking system and other means of coordination and communication.
DHS CBP SOC requires a Quality Assurance Specialist to support contract and government deliverables. They will primarily assist the Project Manager and Technical Writer in reviewing project documents and diagrams for compliance and consistency.
Additionally, the Quality Assurance Specialist will:
- Establish and maintain checklists and frameworks for document approval
- Coordinate with Project Managers, Cybersecurity SMEs, and Technical Writers to ensure information is accurate and up to date
- Update existing materials (training manuals, quick reference guides, diagrams) to clearly explain workflows
- Analyze existing data and documentation and identify opportunities for improvement
- Train employees on proper procedures
- Think critically about workflows to help make them simpler, easier, and more efficient
Required Education: BA/BS degree in a technical field or English/Journalism and 4 years of prior relevant experience, or Masters with less than 2 years of experience.
- Must have an active Secret Clearance
- In addition to the specific clearance requirement, all personnel supporting CBP must be able to obtain a favorable background investigation (BI) before joining the program.
- Able to design, update, and compose policies and Quality Assurance procedures
- Carries out testing, validating, and review procedures to ensure network procedures meet client standards
- Ability to quickly grasp basic technical concepts, practices, and procedures
- Excellent written and oral communication
- In depth knowledge of CBP SOC policies
- Experience copyediting and creating/maintaining Style Guides
- Experience with Network Security and Government Policy
- Strong experience in Word and Visio
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Testing and Quality Assurance