Leidos has an excellent opportunity to join our team as a hands-on Software Engineering Team Lead to support a US Army customer with both CONUS- and OCONUS-based user communities.
As an experienced Software Engineering Team Lead, you will lead development efforts involving Linux, Java, Sencha EXT JS, RESTful APIs, Apache Tomcat, and PostgreSQL based technologies. Managing the successful delivery of capabilities will require you to plan, coordinate and lead activities across the full development lifecycle. This will include working closely with both internal and external stakeholders.
The Software Engineering Team Lead's role is to guide a team of Software Engineers, delivering high-quality software and systems support while maintaining high morale, managing the day-to-day activities in an efficient and professional manner, ensuring tasks remain on schedule, and identifying, communicating, and managing risks. This is both a leadership and a hands-on technical role, involving customer coordination to support operational systems, providing technical direction to software engineers, and executing hands-on technical support at both the Leidos facility and the customer site.
• Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
• Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
• Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
• Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates, and work plans.
• Lead, architect, design, prototype, code, test, deploy, maintain, and improve Java-based web applications in response to customer requirements.
• Use sound software engineering and object-oriented principles to ensure that developed code is maintainable, efficient, reliable, understandable, secure, and fault tolerant.
• Be knowledgeable about secure software development principles and techniques and be able to apply them in support of Information Assurance/accreditation requirements
• Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
• Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
• Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
• Package and support deployment of releases.
• Analyze and resolve technical and application problems from testing and/or fielded systems.
• Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
Education and Experience: BS degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience
• TS/SCI clearance
• Experience with Java Web application development
• Experience with Linux and Windows
• Experience with Atlassian JIRA and Gitlab
• Experience in software development on teams using Agile development practices such as Scrum, test-driven development (TDD) methodology
• Experience in automation framework outlining and script coding using open source tools
• Experience with Docker and Gradle build tools
• Understanding of IDE tools (Eclipse/IntelliJ IDEA), database (PostgreSQL/Oracle)
• Must be familiar with the full software development life cycle
• Working knowledge of software development environments and methodologies
• Experience working directly with the customer to rapidly implement requirements
• Highly motivated, creative, and organized with strong attention to detail
• Willing to perform in critical deadline situations
• Ability to establish a solid working relationship with customers, technical staff, managers, and team members
• Successfully functions in a collaborative team environment committed to high-quality customer service
• Comfortable in a high demand/volume work environment with changing priorities
• IAT Level II Compliant (ex. Security + certification)
• Professional certification (Linux +, etc.)
• Experience in Apache Tomcat, Groovy, Hibernate, REST/SOAP Web Services
• Experience in Ozone Web Framework, SQL, XSLT, log4j
• Experience with Agile/Scrum
• Experience with Jasper Reports
• Experience with Junit, Selenium
• Experience with GIS tools such as ESRI's ArcGIS Server, KML/KMZ formats graphically rendered by Google Earth, sharing GIS data for use by other tools, i.e. PostGis
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: