We are seeking a Senior Spacecraft Systems Engineer to join our team at White Sands Complex in Las Cruces, NM. Leidos is part of Space Communications Network Services (SCNS) team that is responsible for the operation, maintenance, sustainment, and systems engineering of NASA's worldwide satellite communication networks. The Spacecraft Systems Engineer will join a team of engineers dedicated to maintaining the health and safety of the Tracking and Data Relay Satellite (TDRS) fleet.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Secret clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position will be responsible for the following:
- Perform daily monitoring and trending of TDRS spacecraft state-of-health data.
- Develop procedures for performing spacecraft activities, including battery management, station-keeping maneuvers, and momentum unloads.
- Lead spacecraft activities as a Test Conductor, providing engineering guidance to the Satellite Controllers.
- Perform payload performance tests to verify the TDRS payload is meeting required specifications.
- Analyze and identify spacecraft anomaly root causes, then plan and execute recovery actions.
- As experience is gained, provide on-the-job training to peers.
- Occasional work during nights or weekends is required when executing activities or anomaly recoveries.
- Other duties as assigned.
Typical Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field and 5+ years of relative experience.
- 1+ years of experience in digital signal processing.
- This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a secret security clearance.
- Active Secret security clearance.
- MS degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Proficiency with Systems Tool Kit, FreeFlyer, MATLAB, Python, or LabVIEW.
- Previous spacecraft operations, design, or test experience.
- Experience with spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, power sensors, and/or other RF equipment.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with peers and TDRS management.
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: