No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) Marshall Operations Services, Systems and Integration (MOSSI) program will support performance of the payload operations integration function. This includes NASA and International Partner payload operations planning and data management, and multi-lateral operations product development. For US payloads and the US Laboratory systems, this effort also includes flight control of payload support systems, ensuring NASA payload safety control in all operations products, International Space Station (ISS) Payload crew training, ground support personnel training and certification, NASA payload operations product development and increment operations execution. The contractor will assist in providing the operations personnel to perform the operations product development, and staff the Payload Operations Integration Center (POIC) located at the MSFC where the real-time mission operations integration activities are performed.
The MOSSI contract will also specify technical, managerial, and administrative work needed to ensure the availability, integrity, and reliability of mission ground system development and operations in support of NASA space programs. This contract provides single or multi-program unique facilities, systems, and services, both local and remote to MSFC, supporting NASA spacecraft, payload, satellite, and propulsion systems operations. The contract provides cross utilization of resources across programs and seamless operations support for multiple programs.
The Planning Manager will be required to manage the day to day operations over a five-year program located in Huntsville, AL. This position is contingent upon contract award to Leidos.
The Planning Manager shall be the Contractor's individual responsible for the daily operations of the development and integration of payload activities, monitoring the Integrated Master Schedule, and coordination of resources to support the payload processing flow within MOSSI. The Planning Manager shall report to the Program Manager (PM) and work as part of the senior leadership team responsible for the performance of the MOSSI program. The Planning Manager shall oversee, on behalf of the Contractor, all technical work scope on the contract related to crew procedures, resource scheduling, and mission definition. The Planning Manager shall work directly with the NASA counterpart to coordinate technical work performance.
The Planning Manager shall have the following responsibilities:
- Manage projects associated with payload development and processing. Confirm all tasks are assigned sufficient resources to meet project goals / timelines.
- Perform operations preparation and timeline development functions necessary for the development and integration of ISS payload operations.
- Recommend technical capabilities and process improvements.
- Oversee technical work scope performance.
- Work with the technical and management team to identify risk, and determine risk mitigation strategy.
- Create and manage communication plans to ensure adequate notification exists for all planned project tasks.
- Strong leadership skills to ensure team motivation and certification sustainment, as well as plan for future staffing and training needs;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- 10+ years experience with NASA Programs or similar work
- 5+ years experience in project/program management and resource loaded scheduling;
- Experience in payload operations and spaceflight utilization;
- Experience in ISS Payload Developer processes;
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple, concurrent, and complex tasks/projects;
- Appropriate degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment.
- Understanding of the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center Mission;
- Certified as a Project Management Professional® (PMP) in accordance with the Project Management Institute (PMI) ®
- Experience with MSFC Mission and POIF and HOSC functions;
- Experience in NASA International Space Station (ISS) Program.