Leidos has a job opportunity for a Stand Alone Baggage Site Lead for the TSA's Transportation Security Equipment Deployments (TEDS) contract in support of Baggage Technology deployments. Due to heavy travel requirements (75%) to airports throughout the United States this specialist may be based out of any CONUS location but preferably "home based" on the West Coast or the East Coast.
This position encompasses the full project lifecycle management as the site lead / project manager. The position involves, site surveys/validations, risk identification and mitigation, coordination, communication, report development, drawing review/comment, construction management / oversight, schedule development and tracking, applying for and closing out local/state construction permits, subcontractor oversight, installation oversight, test witness, and project sell-off / close-out of security systems related to the baggage equipment deployments at federalized airports throughout the West and / or East region. The position will support the TSA TEDS program to maintain, upgrade, and move the established airport security system to the next generation of capability.
The successful candidate will be responsible for project management at assigned airports, including coordination, design support, communication, developing statement of work bid packages, construction oversight, site/equipment layout evaluation, witness test/checkout, site clean-up and restoration.
• The candidate will be responsible for managing up to 8 projects at various life cycle stages concurrently.
• The candidate will be responsible for conducting a site survey with a design engineer and developing design alternatives/installation plans for the new TSA equipment.
• The candidate will be responsible for developing various reports (i.e. site survey reports, site implementation plans, trip reports) and subcontractor statements of work (i.e. rigging, electrical).
• The candidate may be required to guide or direct the daily activities for assigned teams ranging in size from 2-10 consisting of site technicians, including subcontractors, riggers, vendors, suppliers, and/or local general contractors while on site.
• The candidate will be responsible for facilitating communications and coordination between TSA HQ, local TSA, airport stakeholders, operations management, General Subcontractors, other TSA Vendors, airport authority representatives and state/ local government officials.
• The candidate will exercise expert judgment and assess project, construction, and equipment installation best practices to conduct requirements analysis; review design drawings, specifications, and deliverables; installation, and acceptance testing; and oversee site clean-up and remediation.
• The candidate will successfully monitor the project schedule and keep the team appraised of any possible delays or modified plans to avoid any unnecessary costs to the customer.
• The successful candidate will be a self-starter with high energy and initiative to easily adapt to dynamic, fast-paced work environments.
• Physical work locations may vary depending on the assigned airports and the deployment schedule. This position requires up to 75%+ travel to airport locations as assigned. Some work may require non-standard work shifts (during evening or weekends) to accommodate TSA requirements for minimal disruption to airport operations.
• Develop agendas and lead conference call meetings including ad hoc (periodic as requested by TSA or Leidos), weekly integrated project team (IPT), and installation readiness (so called Go / no go") meetings.
• Be well organized, take meeting minutes and disseminate to the team as required.
• Be able to multi-task in a fast paced, exciting environment.
• Be very responsive to Leidos, TSA and other stakeholders request for information, schedule updates, status reporting and forward planning.
• Be proactive and look forward in time to be fully prepared for future activities.
• Punctuality is mandatory; always be on-time or ahead of schedule as the site lead is typically the lead for various elements of their projects
Stand-Alone Site Leads shall have the following minimum qualifications:
• 3 years of construction management experience, two of which includes working in an airport environment and interacting directly with Airport, Airline, and Local TSA personnel on TSA security equipment installation projects
• B.S. Degree in a technical field such as Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering is desired.
• Professional certifications (i.e., Licensed PE, PMI® PMP, or General Contractor License is a plus).
• Knowledgeable of MS Project, Primavera, or other scheduling tools.
• Demonstrative ability to effectively work with, coordinate/make assignments, and manage multi-disciplined teams of technical and project management professionals and interact as the liaison with the customer and stakeholders.
Referral Bonus Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 75% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Proj and Prog Management