The Leidos Communications and Marketing Office is seeking a mid-level professional to help build and support the company's evolving corporate social responsibility (CSR)/community relations outreach programs, specifically in the area of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Technology (STEM). The primary work location is Reston, VA.
• Successful candidate will join a small team focused on managing the company's corporate-level and enterprise-wide community/volunteer programs.
Primary responsibilities include:
-Leading outreach campaigns in the area of STEM education (e.g., FIRST Robotics, et al.)
-Driving employee volunteerism by leading community outreach projects in support of other company philanthropic priorities
-Helping build overall company brand awareness
• Additional responsibilities include:
-Helping to maintaining company intranet presence specific to CSR
-Assisting in aspects of developing and publishing the company's annual, externally-published Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) sustainability report (in conjunction with functional experts at all levels of the company)
-Assisting in overarching objectives to link CSR related programs/activities to company business/line strategies and objectives
-Representing the company in the local community, including interacting with industry, quasi-government, and non-profit leaders
-Supporting additional company communications and marketing projects as needed
• Bachelor's Degree and 2+ years of related experience. Additional years of experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
• Knowledge of, and passion for, community outreach/volunteerism and charitable giving programs
• Ability to build and lead internal/external stakeholder teams (project management/event management skills essential)
• Experience establishing and tracking performance targets and driving continuous program improvement
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work both independently and as part of an integrated communications and marketing team
• Ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects
• Superior interpersonal skills
• Background/working knowledge of sustainability/CSR platforms
• Knowledge of sustainability programs and/or reporting