Leidos is seeking a Desktop Engineer, to support its US Army Corps of Engineers IT (USACE-IT) program.
Location: Clarkston, WV or remote.
As a member of the Desktop Engineering team, the candidate will provide comprehensive support for enterprise Windows computing systems and multi-function output devices. This role will ensure the overall health and availability of End User systems. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable. Work is performed under supervision.
• Develop Windows Desktop images for manual and automated deployment.
• Test and create output device firmware packages in collaboration with specific vendors.
• Ensure compliance with all security and operational policies and procedures.
• Support integration with directories such as Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Kerberos and Active Directory (AD).
• Follow relevant procedures to resolve incidents and fulfill requests within agreed upon service level agreements (SLRs).
• Document configurations for key stakeholders, as well as implementation teams.
• Develop and maintains software tools and custom scripts, using PowerShell and Visual Basic, to automate repetitive tasks and improve user access to self-service options.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues as required, and propose and implement changes aimed at continual service improvement.
• Work closely with developers and other endpoint engineers in an agile environment to develop and implement new technologies in the customer environment.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience.
• Current DoD 8570 IA Baseline Certification, IAT Level I (A+ CE, Network+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security).
• Must obtain appropriate DoD 8570 IA Computing Environment Certification within 6 months of employment.
• Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start.
• Experience in design, create, test and maintain internal Windows Client Imaging infrastructure.
• Experience in Active Directory Group/Users/Computers Organizational Units
• Experience in Group Policy/DISA STIG for Windows OS.
• Knowledge and experience with scripting tool such as PowerShell, Visual Basic etc.
• Knowledge and experience with administering Active Directory.
• Knowledge and experience working with WMI.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware, peripheral, software, network, and other client-side related problems in a timely manner.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2016 and O365.
• Ability to communicate technical issues in terms understood by both technical and non-technical end users.
• Ability to interface with all functions and at all levels within the organization and with external customers.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: