Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer to join the NCCDS group to support the Space Communications Network Services Contract (SCNS) at the White Sands location in Las Cruces, New Mexico . This individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining software to support the TDRS spacecraft constellation. Leidos is part of Space Communications Network Services (SCNS) team that is responsible for the operation, maintenance, sustainment, and systems engineering of NASA's worldwide satellite communication networks.
Operating here are two functionally identical satellite ground terminals: The White Sands Ground Terminal, and the second TDRSS Ground Terminal. These two terminals ensure uninterrupted communications between various ground stations, NASA's orbiting fleet of Tracking and Data Relay Satellites (TDRS), customer spacecraft (satellites), and the computer systems that support such spacecraft. The WSC also serves as an interface for distributing satellite data to control centers and scientists who then use the daily influx of data to expand our ever-growing knowledge of the Earth and the universe.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Secret clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs systems modeling, simulation and analysis to provide appropriate software solutions.
- Provides input for documentation of new or existing programs to ensure information accessibility, as required.
- Participates in designing, developing, troubleshooting and analyzing software programs that operate with hardware systems.
- Assists in customizing purchased applications and assists in maintaining program libraries and manuals based on research and customer needs.
- Provides feedback and reports to management on the status and availability of software and hardware to ensure proper functioning.
- Works with customer(s) to provide hands-on first level support.
Typical Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, physics, computer science, information technology, mathematics, management information systems, or related technical field and 2+ years' experience in software engineering or operating systems programming.
- 2+ years' experience working with design and coding languages.
- 2+ years' experience working with software design principles.
- 1+ year experience working with computer hardware.
- Ability to obtain a secret security clearance.
- 8+ years' experience in software engineering or operating systems programming preferred.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills for design, creation and testing of software.
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members.
- Communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: