The Executive Acquisition SME is responsible to the SVP of BD&S Defense for the assigned opportunities in support of the Leidos market strategy. The individual must thrive in an environment where they substantially and effectively contribute to the team success across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. The ideal candidate will have primary military/Department of Defense experience and have previously served as a PEO or higher in the Defense Department.
The candidate will participate in color teams, gate reviews, win plan and strategy development, customer engagement planning and participation as well as other activities positively impacting company growth. The candidate is expected to have close customer intimacy at the highest level of the department's AT&L leadership and be able to articulate the "voice of the customer" to the business.
This individual will be expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, be able to perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence and monitor competitor activity. Candidates at this level will be able to assess and improve the overall win strategy and associated marketing for assigned opportunities including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and assist in building and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
The candidate is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact with all levels of management, functional POCs, staff, and customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Characteristics necessary for success include: business and technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Provide DoD Acquisition expertise including Source Selection expertise.
- Support development of proposal and pricing strategy to position for a winning proposals.
- Acquisition SME would report to the SVP, Business Development and Strategy but would be primarily supporting Capture Leads.
- Support the efforts of the Capture Manager and work with matrixed functionals in pursuit of the winning proposals
- Assist the Capture Manager in assessing compliance, pricing approach and completion as well as overall proposal.
- Excellent writing skills and expertise in Government Source Selection process/procedures are a must.
- Location would be in Reston and limited travel is expected.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Senior Strategist and SME for Government Acquisition process and procedures, in particular, source selection and pricing/cost strategies.
- Will bring Executive Level Acquisition experience and perspective to the Leidos team.
- Is required to possess specific Decision maker level of knowledge for source selection officials as well as interdependencies across the DOD enterprise.
- Excellent writing and briefing skills.
- Leadership skills to perform significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- This role requires that the successful candidate have a proven track record of successful management across multiple DoD organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience working directly with DoD personnel
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 25 years of related experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Travel as required, based on negotiated work location, up to 25% per month
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports
- Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ten or more years of successful program/portfolio management experience
- Experience with DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: