The Sourcing Operations Director has responsibility for setting strategy and the day-to-day operations of purchasing, material, planning, pCard, and logistics functions of the corporation. Sets strategies related to supplier assessments and purchasing terms and conditions to ensure products and services procured are delivered on time at the best quality and value. Will possess strong knowledge and practical experience with FAR, DFAR and other regulations pertaining to US federal procurements. Will have successfully led or participated in a contractor response to a DCMA Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR). Develops and enhances command media relevant to the Sourcing Operations function. This leader also takes responsibility for individual and team employee development, sets department objectives and monitors the status to achieving those objectives at departmental and staff levels.
Other specific responsibilities include:
• Extensive stakeholder engagement to include Groups, Division, Programs, Capture Teams, and Functions.
• Deliver significant and quantifiable hard savings, carry over savings, cost avoidance, and value capture on a spend exceeding $750M annually.
• Execute with speed and urgency.
• Design and implement strategies to rationalize the supplier base and maximize the value of spend.
• Partner with category management teams to ensure operational practicality of category strategies.
• Drive industry best practices and provides leadership to implement continuous improvement within the global supply base.
• Align organization with global business unit key initiatives in order to align resources, enable success, and drive value enhancement.
• Implement programs to drive total cost of acquisition improvement activities to enhance margin and improve service levels.
• Manage consistent supplier selection and deselection process.
• Create and establish external benchmark analysis including gap analysis and required actions to achieve functional competitive advantage.
• 15+ years' experience in an Operations, Supply Chain, or Sourcing in a highly regulated industry
• Bachelor's degree and commensurate experience in supply chain, business management or finance
• Demonstrated success leading large geographically dispersed teams
• Success implementing business process improvements
• Good interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to clearly and effectively interact with a diverse group of individuals
• Strong negotiation and influence skills
• 25% travel (primarily domestic)
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: