Leidos has an immediate job opportunity for an Linux Systems Engineer to join our team in Bethesda, MD. Qualified/selected candidates are eligible for sign-on bonus/relocation assistance.
You will also have the opportunity to travel to locations including San Diego and Pearl Harbor, however, lengthy travel is not a hard requirement of the position. We are a team of engineers with a wide variety of skills and we in need of your unique talents!
We are looking for individuals:
- Seeking career growth
- Expertise with Linux OS/ Linux concepts/ Linux CLI
- Holds an active DoD Secret security clearance
- Wants to be part of a deep and technically diverse team
Leidos' High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation and training products for the U.S. Navy. In this position, you will work on multiple facets of the training systems that we design, develop, integrate, and install at Naval sites around the nation. You will operate within a fast-paced and dynamic environment, where you will take ownership of a variety of projects and shepherd them to their successful completion. You will be part of the team responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding Linux based training systems.
Duties may include performing systems requirements analysis, trade studies, development of multi-processor Linux system network boot concepts, and technical leadership.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science, Math or the Sciences, Network Engineering, Systems Software, or equivalent job experience and 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Must possess an active DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance for consideration
- Must possess demonstrable expertise in the Linux operating system (the majority of our products run on Enterprise Linux, either RHEL or CentOS) or Network engineering (specifically focused on Cisco products).
- Technical certifications are desired but not required.
- Must have a proven ability to identify, quantify, and solve complex technical problems.
- COTS hardware design and build, knowledge of latest CPU, memory, video trends and products
- Cisco Network design, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Detailed knowledge of BIOS and UEFI
- Reverse engineering skills on Linux systems (OS and software/scripts)
- Detailed Linux operating systems knowledge (build, configure, boot)
- Red Hat Package Manager skills
- Server provisioning via Cobbler, Foreman, Spacewalk, Katello, Stacki, Maas, Razor, etc.
- Virtualization Technologies: KVM, QEMU, VMWare, Docker, puppet, Vagrant
- Cluster System design and management (currently using Cisco UCS)
- Linux Scripting, BASH and Python
- Systems software skills for such things as: power management in large-scale systems and creating system services for systems monitoring and status
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: