PROGRAM SUMMARY: Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis.
A Senior Cloud Software Engineer position developing cloud analytics to support discovery efforts.
What you'll be responsible for:
Working in a smaller dynamic team, you will be working on new ways to solve customers' questions and improving methods utilized to derive those answers. Work with people from a variety of organizations and help them improve the tradecraft used in those organizations.
What you will like about this position:
You will be part of a team that constantly strives to provide the best ways for the customer to answer the questions it needs to, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment.
- Bachelor's Degree and 12-15 years of experience. Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- At least 8 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline.
- At least six (6) years* of experience developing software with high level languages (such as Java, C, C++), and at least three (3) years developing software in UNIX/Linux (RedHat versions 3-5+) and software integration and testing (to include developing and implementing test plans and scripts).
- At least four (4) years of experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as H Base, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as the Map/Reduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Etc.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with 1) Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON, 2) developing restful services, and 3) using source code management tools
- Strong Java skills are required.
- Familiarity with Map/Reduce using Pig.
- Experience with GMAE, GHOSTMACHINE a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel