Join Leidos Today, and help usmeet our mission: To make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, science, and engineering. We have a career opportunity for a Lead Systems Engineer, located in the area of Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. We are seeking cleared candidates with an active Secret clearance and are motivated to hire!
You will be responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding. This position needs a critical thinker who will evaluate alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems. Your duties also include performing systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance. Using your domain knowledge you will develop solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple area or disciplines. Candidates will be required to communicate with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members along with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.).
- Responsible for entire projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas.
- Technical oversight of program execution
- Technical documentation oversight
- Cost & schedule estimation for Software development activities
- Management of process workflow
- CCB, ERB management lead and government liason.
- Ability communicate succinctly to government leads and executive members.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or engineering discipline and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain experience.
- Scalable Agile Methodology experience
- ITIL experience
- Software development experience in the REDHAT, C++, JAVA
- Experience in requirements development, analysis and requirements decomposition.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Bit Bucket, DOORs,
- Understanding of Army Mission command systems and the Army lower TI. Specifically, FBCB2, JCR/JBC-P, DDS,
- Scrum Master
- 2+years experience with FBC2 family of systems
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: