Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of data center services to our CMS customers and is structured around both current and legacy platforms in a consumption-based services model. We are looking to add skilled, energetic leaders and technologist who believe in cross functional teams, exhibit broad-based skills, maintain a customer-focused mindset, and have a willingness to step out of their work stream to get the job done.
With a "no downtime, zero outages" vision and mantra, we support a range of data center needs ranging from self-service to white-glove services, all of which are based on our customer's required level of support. Our organization is comprised of a teams supporting PMO, Security, Quality, Intake, Service Delivery, Engineering, and Service Operations. With these teams access resources from our functional teams supporting Network, Security, Firewall, z/OS and z/VM operations, Unix Operations, Change Management, Monitoring, Capacity Management, x86 Operations, and Storage Operations. Part of everyone's responsibility is to help drive the new consumption-based services oriented model.
Now to you - your mission, if you choose to accept it as a storage administrator , will require you to coordinate closely with senior leadership to help establish clear objectives and effectively communicate program needs, management program logs, interact with contract management, and establish effective, bi-directional, collaborative communication within our Program Team. Ultimately, these activities will be extended in communication to the customer. You will interact daily with technical resource which are fulfilling technical requirements for the customer. Your goal will be to work with all stakeholders to help Leidos ensure delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable solutions with minimal business impact.
The current work environment is on-site at Leidos in Winsor Mill / Woodlawn, Maryland with potential for on-site work at CMS (in the same location). Telecommute opportunities are currently being evaluated and may become available based upon teams supported, work hours, and work performance.
• Monitoring and analysis of enterprise assets including server and network devices.
• Participate in shift work and handover briefings.
• Participate in resolution, and escalation, of incident, service request, and change request tickets.
• Monitor systems for anomalies and investigate impact related patterns of usage
• Provide reporting inputs on systems resources in all operational areas.
• Produce and maintain detailed operational documentation for the Enterprise Operations Center.
• Develop expertise, conduct training, and mentor teammates.
• Provide intensive monitoring and synthesize outputs to develop reporting to support automation, redundancy, and efficiency.
BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- General understanding of operating system concepts including file systems and process.
- General understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols such as HTTP, ssh, and NFS
- General understanding of authentication systems and protocols including Kerberos.
- Good - Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and a team player.
- Agile-based knowledge and skill.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: