The Leidos Government Health & Safety Solutions Operations is seeking a talented Lab Manager, contingent upon contract award, to drive the execution of multiple task orders for an FDA innovation program in White Oak, MD.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requires DevSecOps, Innovation, Modernization, and
Engineering Services to modernize the IT infrastructure to support FDA's mission which is responsible for protecting the public health by ensuring the safety, efficacy, and security of human and veterinary drugs, biological products, and medical devices; and by ensuring the safety of our nation's food supply, cosmetics, and products that emit radiation.
The ability to rapidly develop and deploy information systems and resources plays a critical role in enabling the FDA's efforts to transform agency operations and respond quickly and accurately to emerging scientific, technological, and economic trends affecting its regulatory mission. To support rapid development and deployment, the FDA is increasingly leveraging methodologies to help streamline FDA modernization efforts, such as Agile development (e.g. SCRUM, Kanban), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), IT Asset Management (ITAM), DevSecOps, Containerization, Microservices based architecture, Software Defined Networking (SDN), among other contemporary innovations.
The Innovation Lab Manager will provide project and lab management services to shall support the operations of the FDA Innovation Lab need to support a sustainable innovation program for the FDA. The FDA innovation program encourages creativity and experimentation, as well as the development and conducting of effective investigation and evaluation of innovative projects. The Lab manager will plan, coordinate, manager and deliver services to ensure and work collaborative with the FDA Lab manager to ensure daily operations activities of the Innovation Lab.
Accordingly, the Lab Manager will:
- Lead daily setup of the FDA Innovation Lab, which includes prototype setups, visual displays,
- Maintaining the Innovation Lab schedule
- Maintaining inventory of Government Furnished Equipment within the Innovation Lab, and other logistical support of the FDA Innovation Lab during the normal hours of operation.
- Maintain standard operating procedures for specialized equipment in the lab (i.e virtual reality devices and 3D printers), ensuring all GFE equipment is patched (i.e laptops and mobile devices), scheduling and updating any mobile device passwords for devices maintained in the lab, change passwords on a monthly basis for the devices in the lab.
- Provide planning, scheduling, coordination, and implementation support for workshops, brainstorming sessions, and other events held in the FDA Innovation lab.
- Scheduling, coordinating, and preparing the lab for regular events held in the FDA Innovation Lab
- Create and develop innovation program artifacts including innovation guiding principles, human centric design principles, strategies for developing and maintaining internal and external partnerships.
- Create and maintain metrics of all activities in the Innovation Lab.
- Will manage a small team.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree and 10+ years related technical experience including 5+ years of project management experience.
- Experience managing a lab/environment responsible for building and maintaining field kits for use in responding to cyber incidents
- Experience deploying, securing, and managing Windows and Linux operating systems and servers
- Recent experience managing, troubleshooting and administering VMware
- Experience using Microsoft Active Directory to manage policies & user objects
- Broad working knowledge of software development lifecycle and application development, web technology, BI tools, security and server infrastructure
- Proven experience with successfully leading teams of engineering in providing enhancements and solutions to critical business missions
- Experience working in a CMMI L3 or higher environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) required
- Proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions
- Evidence of continuous learning of new business area, technology, and methodologies
- Previous FDA domain knowledge
- Active PMI PMP certification
- Demonstrated experience with DevOps practices
- Knowledge of incident response and handling methodologies
- Knowledge of defense-in-depth principles, network/HW/SW security architecture, network topology, IT device integrity, and common security elements
- ITIL V3 Certifications
- CISSP Certifications
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: