The Cartographic Analyst will work within a government/contractor team environment providing Digital Nautical Chart Production and Notice to Mariners support to existing and developing mission areas. Future needs and capabilities, as well as developmental assignments, are included. An ACTIVE TS/SCI level security clearance to be considered.
Cartographic analyst duties includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Supporting Standard Nautical Chart production by performing cartographic analyst functions supporting the Enterprise Product on Demand (ePODs)production process
- Notice to Mariners production in order to enhance the timeliness of updated nautical information reaching customers
- Recompilation or updating maritime features and attributes in ESRI based FG MOD production environment
- Extracting features from a variety of sources including but not necessarily limited to rasterized nautical charts, digital hydrographic survey data and ortho-rectified imagery; writing Python Scripts in ARCGIS to improve efficiency of the production process; Data Conversion/migration
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma with 0-3 years relevant experience.
- Active TS/SCI clearance required, with willingness to obtain a polygraph upon request
- Experience in geography, cartography and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) which includes skill in ArcGIS applications
- Experience in creating shapefiles, geo-databases, and features
- Knowledge of digital cartography, image processing, geographical information systems (GIS), geospatial production techniques and NGA digital data formats
- Ability to utilize geographic names information from the GNDB
- Ability to analyze imagery and non-imagery source information for application to NGA hydrographic products and databases
- Generate corrections for electronic and paper nautical charts and publications
Bachelor's Degree with 0-3 years' relevant experience.
"Eligible External Referral"
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel