Leidos currently has an opening for an Administrative Assistant onsite in our office located in Austin, TX. We do not provide any type of relocation for this job posting. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services such as benefits and home loan applications processing, focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans
- Facilitate and schedule appointments, coordinate meetings and reserve conference space for personnel as well as performing meeting set-up and other coordination activities.
- Prepare interoffice correspondence and maintain administrative filing system
- Prepare and maintain operating and desk procedures, methods, standards, policy memorandum and techniques concerning administrative procedures
- Maintain incoming and outgoing e-mails corresponding with the IOSS contract. Includes taking action on each message and organizing priority of correspondence
- Prepare, edit and/or conduct reviews for recurring and one-time reports, suspense items, date sensitive actions and correspondence
- Ensure final documents are routed or mailed to the designated source(s) after receipt of all required concurrence/approvals.
- Handle domestic travel arrangements for staff who require business travel
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Requires AA in a business discipline or 2 years of business school. Requires 8 years of related experience. additional years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
Basic Qualifications (Candidate must match these skillets to be considered):
- Superior in Administrative Support
- Competent with process improvement techniques and principles
- Strong critical thinking, and gap analysis abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills - brainstorms with other staff members for resolutions
- Superior human interaction skills with the ability to meet and deal effectively with individuals of all levels inside and outside of the workplace.
- Superior planning, scheduling and coordinating skills working with management to create a smooth workflow and timely deliverables
- Excellent special projects administrator skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Skilled Vendor and Stakeholder Management
- Excellent in MS Office 2010 Suite, SharePoint