As a member of the existing Storage team, manage provisioning of storage resources and assure optimal storage performance across the spectrum of structured and non-structured data types to be migrated to Cerner. Provide Storage Administration support shall include storage setup and provisioning, maintenance, high availability/disaster recovery, monitoring and tuning to assure optimal performance of the NetApp Flash Array storage subsystem.
- Developing all documentation required for environment updating as environment changes all while adhering to timelines set by customer and ATO.
- Participating in team meetings and reporting weekly to customer on status of tasks
- Documenting/diagraming hardware system requirements for both existing and new hardware systems hosting data (i.e., what servers are linked to what SANs, volume configurations)
- Designing new hardware systems to integrate into existing system hardware architecture in efficient/cost effective manner (i.e., to what SAN should a new server be connected, should new servers be clustered)
- Proposing system architecture solutions that enable the current environment to adapt to data and user growth, create flexibility with current system constraints and resolve system failure points.
- Interfacing with teams and key CDW customers in order to determine hardware system requirements (i.e., requests for new servers or access to servers)
- Generating high-level system (server, SAN, network) requirements based on stakeholder needs and ensuring that this set of high level requirements is consistent, complete, correct, and operationally defined
- Interfacing with teams so that any problems arising during design or implementation can be resolved in accordance with the fundamental design concepts, needs and constraints
- Generating hardware acceptance test cases, together with the appropriate teams, to determine that all of the high-level requirements have been met and hardware has been implemented/configured properly
- Generating deliverables such as sketches, models, diagrams, and prototypes to keep the teams and/or project team up to date on the proposed architecture.
- Ensuring that all hardware architectural documents and documents with architectural input are regularly updated.
- Trouble shoot issues, document system configuration changes and ensure system/hardware changes are tested.
- Adhering to and managing systems to continue to have ATO.
- includes the following:
- HP 3PAR Storage Arrays 20800, 8400, and 7400
- HP, EVA and Management Console
- HP Virtual Library System (VLS) arrays
- HP re-branded Brocade Fiber Channel SAN switches and Brocade Director X6.NetApp Storage Arrays and expansion, including 7-mode and Cluster Mode, particularly the V3220 series and AF300 Flash arrays
- DataON Storage Enclosure, using Windows Storage Spaces 2012R2
- Tegile hybrid and all flash arrays
- Pure storage all flash arrays
- HP ESL G3 Tape library
- HP Storage Essentials and Report Optimizer software, for detailed and customizable performance and usage metrics and analysis, particularly for hosts, switches, and EVAs
- Brocade Network Advisor for switch monitoring and performance metrics
- HP System Reporter particularly for 3PAR performance metrics
- Knowledge and experience with storage arrays including HP, Pure, Tegile, Netapp, and WSS
- Knowledge of data warehouse server, storage and networking architecture and systems, and experience with diagramming/documenting these types of systems
- MS Server 2012/2016/ Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (RHEL7)
- MS SQL Server 2012/2014/2016
- MS Hyper-V
- BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or IT related field
- Must be a self-motivator with ability to work remotely as part of a team, or independently with little supervision or direction
- Must have an active Public Trust, or be able to obtain one, once hired
VA Public Trust with current PIV